Ravenous

+44-1772-887982

12 Cannon St, Preston, England, PR1 3NR

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast and brunch place. Offers vegetarian choices like hummus sandwiches. Uses egg and dairy. Open Tue-Wed 9:00am-4:00pm, Thu-Sat 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Bakery, British, Non-veg

First Review by soldwindle

Welcoming, cosy, tucked away treat. - Edit

With everything made to order the owner is very accommodating with vegan/vegetarian/ gluten free options making everything mix and match able. Great selection, delicious food, great coffee with soymilk available and wonderful atmosphere. Cosy and friendly.

Pros: Variety , Accommodating, Inexpensive

Lovely cafe, great breakfast! - Edit

I love a proper English breakfast, and there's nowhere else in Preston that does a vegan one. So I was delighted to find a review on here and thought I'd check it out for myself!

It's down a lovely side street full of local businesses (many of which are worth a visit!)
Tables and chairs outside for sunny days, today was not one of those days so we found a table with comfy armchairs next to the window and grabbed some cushions to make ourselves comfy ^-^

Lots of drinks on offer while you wait from herbal teas to smoothies and iced tea, and normal teas and coffees with lots of delicious sounding syrups to choose from!

I went for a large Vegan breakfast but swapped out the mushrooms and tomatoes for a bit more of everything else ;) (hash browns, beans, LM sausages). I had a choice of bread for my toast, I chose granary which was fresh and in super thick slices with a pot of butter (which I was told is vegan). My partner went for a hash brown buttie with white, and had pretty much wolfed it down by the time mine arrived! (Thumbs up from him)

Couldn't have asked for more really, however the lady said she will be getting more in since she's getting more and more vegan customers :D
So we are making a difference!
Decorated in a fresh yet cozy way with happy staff and a lovely atmosphere.
Will definitely be going back :)

Secret vegan options - Edit

Normally the kind of place I'd walk past - the menu doesn't say anything specific about vegan options - this small coffee shop in the city centre offers a great vegan brunch with an owner who is willing and able to help guide your choices. The large vegan brunch is two sausages, two half tomatoes, two slices of some great doorstop-sized malted grain toast, a generous portion of mushrooms and two hash browns with a cup of tea or coffee (soya milk is available on request). Preston doesn't have many vegan food options and this is well worth a visit for breakfast or brunch, I'll be going again.

Pros: Good fry up, Friendly owner, Amazing toast

Cons: Vegan options are "hidden"!, Quite small

Return to Preston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ravenous closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.