Rasta House

Contact 412-321-2055

1204 Federal St (at North Side), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15212

Serves meat, vegan options available. Atmosphere is that of an urban take-out, simple. Food is cooked to order and will make a vegetarian/vegan jerk or curry upon request. Ask for vegan meals. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Take-out, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by fonis

wonderful - Edit

We stopped here for a take out dinner. We talked with Kelly the owner and had a wonderful experience. We ordered Callaloo served over rice and beans(peas). Awesome!! We also ordered some tofu blackened. Over rice and beans. Great meal, Great restaurant. Totally a mom and pops operations, so everything was made to order. Great flavor and spice.

Pros: made to order, good price, friendly

Cons: parking could be a problem, only 3 tables of you want to dine in

A healthy, fresh treat - Edit

On our way into town tonight -- about 30 minutes from town -- we called Rasta House and asked if they could make several vegan meals. The lady who was cooking told me what her freshest veggies were and said she'd prepare something special for us.

Our dinner was healthy, fresh, and delicious: rice and peas (beans), fresh curried cabbage and onion, and a veggie medley (spiced red pepper, carrot, broccoli, and greens). The portion size was liberal, and filling, and the price most reasonable.

Right before I left, I asked for hot sauce. The lady who prepared our food smiled and said she would give me a fresh, house made hot sauce (which was spicy and delicious). This is certainly a place I'd recommend and return to again, while in Pittsburgh.

Pros: fresh, healthy, economical

Vegan Jerk - Edit

Good food, small interior, plan to do take-out. The people are very friendly and while they do serve meat, they know exactly what vegan means and how to serve a good flavorful jerk. I haven't had the other types of vegan food (there are only a couple options), but the portions are huge and very tasty.

Pros: Flavor, Friendly, Portions

Cons: Interior, Serves meat too

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rasta House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1015 times since May 2014.