Raspberry Fool

03-6231-1274

85 Bathurst St, Hobart, Tasmania, 7000

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small comfort food cafe run by an owner who focuses on using local and seasonal items. Makes bread and baked goods in-house. Staff knows about veganism. Vegan choices might include a breakfast plate, bahn-mi style toasted sandwich, cake and biscuits. Has soymilk, large range of teas. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:30am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Tashty

Fantastic vegan options! - Edit

Many vegan options and will adjust non vegan dishes on request. Almond milk for coffee too! I ate there twice in two days. Delicious on both occasions

Very good food! - Edit

I had the vegan breaky and it was great! Fresh bread, hummus, yummy beans, smashed avocado, greens and mushrooms all very well done. My partner had a meal alerted easily and our vegetarian and meat eating friends alike were all happy.

Quality cafe. - Edit

I'm a Hobart local and I frequent Raspberry Fool, as the coffee is excellent and the food fresh and delicious.

There are a few great vego only restaurants within walking distance of this cafe, but I often choose Raspberry Fool as my first option - is good value and the quality of the food is unsurpassed for the price. I've met the owner/chef and she knows how to make great, clean vegetarian food.

The specials menu is often a great pick with multiple vego options. The soups are great - I had a completely vego miso soup recently that was fantastic.

I've also had some of the best sandwiches ever here recently - a delicious roasted eggplant and dill on homemade sourdough was sublime (nearly made up for all the godawful 'salad' sandwiches that vegetarians are forced to endure). There is usually a roasted veggie option too.

Breakfast menu is extensive, and the toasted paninis also contain vego options. The spiced tofu panini I had recently was cheap and delicious.

There is also a large range of vegetarian pies and pastries that utilise local vegetables. I don't think there are vegan though.

The staff are friendly and happy to field questions, and make variations.

Lastly - the cakes and slices are often excellent too. I prefer vegan baked goods, but these are again great quality ingredients handled well. They change frequently, but the peppermint slice is killer :)

Pros: Big emphasis on local seasonal produce, Fantastic tasty food, Great coffee and tea

Cons: Small shop

Pleasant Surprise - Edit

I went here for breakfast with a friend. The first thing I saw on the specials board was something like "Scrambled tofu with caramelised onion, mushrooms & cashew cream on toast". It was completely unexpected as I thought I'd have to go through the menu picking out what I could eat.
The meal was big & delicious.
My friend had french toast which looked awesome.
The coffee was great.
They seem to be into organic & locally sources produce.
I didn't see any other vegan options on the menu but I would check the specials board. The guy working there said they always try to have a vegan meal.

Pros: Good vegan breakfast, Good coffee

Cons: Limited vegan options

Return to Hobart Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raspberry Fool closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.