Rasoterra

• Friend

Carrer Palau, 5, Barcelona, Spain, 08002

Modern and cozy vegetarian bistro and tapas bar located in the city centre. Established 2013. Most vegetables come from Rasoterra's own garden and are organically grown. Offers changing specials, organic wines and beers, free water. Weekend brunch served til 1pm. Open Tue-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Tue-Sun 7:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Spanish

First Review by Xavier Sabata

Excellent - Edit

Over the time this place has become one of my favorites spots in Barcelona. I'd say it's currently in my top 3.

Impressive and creative vegan cuisine with and amazing service. No more words.

Make a reservation if you want to eat here, sometimes it's really packed.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-19

Pros: Creativity, Awesome service

Underrated - Edit

Very nice Restaurant. 2/3 vegan options. Diverse seasonal and regional menu! Huge selection of wines. The Sangria is god-tier. Dont miss it.

Attention to detail - Edit

Great, seasonal menu. Inventive twists on local dishes that usually contain meat or fish. Lovely staff, great wine selection.

Pros: Fab flavours, Attention to detail, Customer service

Cons: A bit pricey

disappointing - Edit

I think it is a very nice place and it is quite expensive for what I was having high expectations on the food. However I didnt like anything I order except for the spinach croquetas. The taste was just not pleasing in general. Plus the dosis are really small and not filling. :(

Pros: vegan options, cozy, sophisticated

Cons: really expensive , not filling, not tasty

Satisfied - Edit

The food was really nice, I had the dumplings and the Banh-chi which were both delicious and would definitely have again. Worth booking because it can get quite busy.

Pros: Vegan options clearly stated, Friendly staff

Cons: Not a huge menu

Great food and inexpensive - Edit

The interior is modernly furnished and very aesthetically. The food was all delicious and great quality for money. For lunch you can get a starter, main and dessert for €13. The majority of items are vegan or can be made vegan. You should probably make a reservation in advance though.

Great food and wine - Edit

This place makes tasty meatless adaptations of Catalan, Spanish and even Mexican (their huitlacoche tacos are outstanding) dishes. There are no fake meats or over spiced dishes, just fresh ingredients, tasty food and a welcoming environment. The baked mushrooms was my favorite dish, and a no brainer if you like mushrooms. Nice wine selection and friendly service.

special place - Edit

This restaurant puts pride into their menu and food. Service was great. Food was unique and well seasoned. There were many vegan and gluten-free options as well. I would definitely come back.

Pros: nice menu, freshness, service

Cons: no outdoor seating, price, serves cheese

Not the most exciting vegan tapas - Edit

Unlike many of the other reviewers, I wasn't bowled over by the vegan choices. There were three vegan tapas options, and only one vegan wine available by the glass. We had the tomato bread, vegetable and tofu gyoza and the patatas bravas. The potatoes were unlike others that we had in Spain: more like mini baked potatoes. I loved them! The other dishes were nice, but not spectacular. I wouldn't hurry back here.

Amazing Wholesome Food - Edit

Great place with really tasty wholesome food. Kids enjoyed it too.

Pros: Friendly staff , Great Food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Pets allowed in restaurant

Delightful - Edit

Rasoterra specialises in slow food. It is vegetarian with many vegan options. We ate tapas style, tasting a variety of dishes full of flavour and presented beautifully.
They have many organic and vegan wines and lots of cocktails.
It's a shame we only found this on our last night in Barcelona, otherwise we would have gone back.

Pros: Great vibe inside, Cocktails, Tapas

Exceptional - Edit

This place it's awesome. As a vegan yolu have half or more of the options. The vegan options are the best. We had the roasted mushrooms (JUST WOW), the kale and mashed potatoes, cabbage, and lentils....
Was just indescribable mix of ingredients and textures.
We went 3 times in less than 2 weeks after tryin it for the first time. (4 times in 2 weeks)
Super recommended. The staff great !
Thanks a lot for this place!
PD: I think they change the menu every week/month so i need to go and check whats new :D

Pros: taste, variety, texture, presentation, staff, location

Cons: the dishes not so big (to say something..)

Veggie gastronomy - Edit

Delicious food beautifully presented. Not cheap but the final bill wasn't as much as I thought it would be. We had a couple of tapas, then for mains rice pancakes, bean soup and mushrooms with dumplings, all good. I should point out though that if you're at all fussy do ask about ingredients as they're not all on the menu - my mushrooms were oyster not chestnut as on the menu, and the beetroot wasn't listed - neither a problem for me, but my daughter was less pleased to find courgette in her pancake. For dessert we had chocolate cake - amazing apparently - strawberries, and blue cheese brulee (who would dream up such a thing? lovely though!) They also have a good selection of cocktails, of which we felt obliged to test the margaritas.

Pros: Inventive cuisine

Cons: You may want to check the ingredients of a dish be

So good! - Edit

The food was excellent and the staff were super nice! Says what's vegan and what's not on the menu. The gyoza was delicious!

Pros: Friendly staff, Amazing food, Drinks

Cons: A bit expensive (with a backpackers budget...)

100000000/5 - Edit

Best restaurant ever ! Beautiful food , great atmosphere and amazing music . They also offer a good selection of vegan wines ! The staff was very attentive and nice. Cannot wait to go back!

Pros: delicious food and drinks, music & staff, location

Cons: none

Great Place! - Edit

Organic and Km 0 products, lots of attention on the ingredients and great vegan options, we also had a really nice natural white wine.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 26, 2016

Game Changer - Edit

For me, this is now the vegetarian / vegan pace-setter in Barcelona. Absolutely gorgeous establishment serving tapas and main courses in a splendidly modernist but homely setting in a tip top part of the Barrio Gotico. Some of the tapas can be served as main courses if desired. They also do a great value 2 or 3 course lunch ranging from €8.50 to €11 including wines from the local area. The food is truly excellent and extremely well cared about. Vegans are taken very seriously here. You will find some fantastic seasonal combinations here such as roast fennel and quinoa, brussel sprouts in lime and chilli, and an endive with tempeh balls curry which all work so very well. Things change here regularly, the menu is dynamic. Rasoterra promotes the 'Slow Food' concept which puts emphasis on locally sourced ingredients and the distance traveled to reach the dining table. I absolutely love this place, an instant hit for me which doesn't happen that often. Immediate impact. Savour this beautiful place both during the day and at night.......gone are the dark days of going to vegetarian restaurants and being served slop on a metal tray! Please just ignore any negative reviews of this place. It makes me angry to think that anyone would have anything bad to say. I've visited 400+ vegetarian places across Europe over the last 16 years and this is unequivocally in my top 3 - absolutely no doubt about it. Rasoterra is vegetarian royalty. Real Madrid? (No way), Real Barcelona?, Real Rasoterra!

Pros: setting, food, friendly

Cons: NONE

simply the best - Edit

I adore this restaurant, I dream about returning and it is without a doubt my favourite place. The food is excellent, the lighting is perfect and they manage to combine a classy interior with a relaxed vibe which puts you at great ease. The staff are friendly and helpful and the menu which promotes slow food is always innovative and offers a good vegan choice. A must do when in Barcelona.

Pros: outstanding food, decor and service

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rasoterra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 20391 times.