Rasa Indian Restaurant

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant with full bar offering plenty of vegetarian entrees of which some are vegan suitable. Reservations suggested for Friday and Saturday evenings.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by KateinRI

Small, but Yummy - Edit

I just went to Rasa for a family dinner, and I very much enjoyed it. The vegan options are all clearly labeled with a V, and there is a wide variety to choose from. My entrée, as well as my peach ice tea and naan (without the ghee), were very tasty. My only criticisms are that both the food portions, as well as the restaurant itself, are a bit smaller than expected.

Pros: Yummy food, Lots of options, Clear labels

Cons: Slightly claustrophobic, Smaller portion sizes than expected

Great Restaurant - very vegan friendly - Edit

We get take-out from Rasa at least once a month, and we love it. The quality is excellent, and the staff is great. The owner also owns Rasoi (Pawtucket - also great) and Kabob and Curry (East Side of Providence near Brown). We always get Cauliflower 65 (definitely vegan, even though menu doesn't indicate this). Also saag tofu and chana are excellent. You have to ask which bread is vegan. Some of the staff are not always aware of what is vegan, but the manager is always very helpful if needed. Lately they have a vegan employee who is super helpful! This month they have vegan kofta, but I haven't tried it yet. The restaurant is small so limited seating on Friday and Saturday night.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-23

Pros: excellent food, very vegan friendly

Cons: menu needs to be updated to indicate what is vegan

Return to East Greenwich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rasa Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.