Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Rani's World Foods

702-522-7744

4505 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89102

Vegans need to inquire. Located inside a large Indian grocery store. Free chai tea. Free Wi-fi. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by whosmeggyn

whtwethnkwebcome

Contributions +38

27 Jul 2018

Not super fresh - Edit

Well we saw them heat almost everything in the microwave even though they have a huge steam table. The chapati was not made to order and had a ton of oil on it.

Pros: Around half the menu is vegan

Cons: Very oily, Not fresh, Have to really specify no dairy( ghee )

catinvegas

Contributions +16

24 Jul 2018

Had to throw out my lunch combo.....soooo salty! - Edit

Cute little market and eatery. I was excited to try a new hole-in-the-wall joint. I’m not that picky but just couldn’t eat it.

vegan_ryan

Contributions +3259

13 Dec 2015

Delicious and cheap - great combo! - Edit

Food was fresh, delicious, and cheap - great combo.

For lunch, they have a "pick 3 from this list" setup, and I liked everything that I tried. Good, authentic Indian food at a great price.

Pros: Fresh, Delicious, Cheap

Allon

Contributions +18

31 Jul 2014

I love Rani's. - Edit

I love Rani's, I love the fact that it is in a grocery store, I love the fact that it is unusual, I love the food and actually there are more Vegan dishes there than Veterinarian dishes. For my money, it's the best Vegan and the best Indian restaurant in town especially if you consider the price. If you want table cloth and china dishes, go elsewhere. If you want good food in an unusual and unpretentious joint, this is your place.

Pros: Great food, Great prices., Nice people.

Cons: Not for the Upeddy , Not for snobs.

JamesHavel

Contributions +13

Vegetarian
05 Mar 2014

Good, Fresh, And Quick - Edit

Stopped here for a quick lunch and was very satisfied with the food and quick service. The place is an Indian supermarket/kitchen that has a good selection of already prepared food at reasonable prices. Also, Free chai tea for customers.

Pros: Quick, Delicious food, Good Price

Ckrysteena

Contributions +13

Vegetarian
11 Mar 2013

authentic, delicious Indian food - Edit

It's a little self serve joint inside an Indian grocery store, so it looks humble. However, the food was great. If you like Indian food, get off the strip and eat here for $8/ plate!

Pros: good, cheap, flavorful

Cons: grocery store ambiance

slvh2

Contributions +15

Mostly Vegetarian
06 Dec 2012

Disappointed - Edit

We were really excited to find this place, but the quality of the food is lacking. As Indians, my husband and I don't eat a lot of Indian food but for some of our favorite dishes we always look for an indian store close by. The Rani brand of items are surprisingly really good. I was pleasantly surprised with that but I wouldn't trust shopping here because two packed items we bought were very very stale. One was an indian sweet (kind of a brittle I loved as a kid) and banana chips. Both usually last pretty long, especially the sweet item that would usually last for about 6 months without spoiling! There was no expiration date on the packaging but I'm absolutely sure they were way past the expiration date. I just feel that's very dishonest of the store to keep such old items. I didn't think the store smelled bad like another reviewer. I actually thought it was pretty clean! I'm still going to look for another store .

Pros: variety, Rani brand

Cons: stale food! , produce looks a litlte old

belsandia

Contributions +138

08 Dec 2011

Best samosa - Edit

We are big fans of samosas - these famous savory pastry triangles filled with potato and peas curry. Rani arguably make the best samosas in town and we usually get a dozen to go.

They also offer affordable and fast meals like a thali with a lot of vegetable dishes - just make sure the food is vegan though, as Indian tend to add ghee and dairy to many dishes!

This is a fast food eatery inside a grocery shop, so keep this in mind before you bring a date here..

Pros: great samosas

whosmeggyn

Contributions +155

Herbivore
22 Oct 2011

Smells awful - Edit

Best place to find alternative flours, however, this place smells awful. I would not touch their produce, as well.

Pros: cheap flours

Cons: smell

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rani's World Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.