First Review by whosmeggyn

Delicious and cheap - great combo! - Edit

Food was fresh, delicious, and cheap - great combo.

For lunch, they have a "pick 3 from this list" setup, and I liked everything that I tried. Good, authentic Indian food at a great price.

Pros: Fresh, Delicious, Cheap

I love Rani's. - Edit

I love Rani's, I love the fact that it is in a grocery store, I love the fact that it is unusual, I love the food and actually there are more Vegan dishes there than Veterinarian dishes. For my money, it's the best Vegan and the best Indian restaurant in town especially if you consider the price. If you want table cloth and china dishes, go elsewhere. If you want good food in an unusual and unpretentious joint, this is your place.

Pros: Great food, Great prices., Nice people.

Cons: Not for the Upeddy , Not for snobs.

Good, Fresh, And Quick - Edit

Stopped here for a quick lunch and was very satisfied with the food and quick service. The place is an Indian supermarket/kitchen that has a good selection of already prepared food at reasonable prices. Also, Free chai tea for customers.

Pros: Quick, Delicious food, Good Price

authentic, delicious Indian food - Edit

It's a little self serve joint inside an Indian grocery store, so it looks humble. However, the food was great. If you like Indian food, get off the strip and eat here for $8/ plate!

Pros: good, cheap, flavorful

Cons: grocery store ambiance

Disappointed - Edit

We were really excited to find this place, but the quality of the food is lacking. As Indians, my husband and I don't eat a lot of Indian food but for some of our favorite dishes we always look for an indian store close by. The Rani brand of items are surprisingly really good. I was pleasantly surprised with that but I wouldn't trust shopping here because two packed items we bought were very very stale. One was an indian sweet (kind of a brittle I loved as a kid) and banana chips. Both usually last pretty long, especially the sweet item that would usually last for about 6 months without spoiling! There was no expiration date on the packaging but I'm absolutely sure they were way past the expiration date. I just feel that's very dishonest of the store to keep such old items. I didn't think the store smelled bad like another reviewer. I actually thought it was pretty clean! I'm still going to look for another store .

Pros: variety, Rani brand

Cons: stale food! , produce looks a litlte old

Best samosa - Edit

We are big fans of samosas - these famous savory pastry triangles filled with potato and peas curry. Rani arguably make the best samosas in town and we usually get a dozen to go.

They also offer affordable and fast meals like a thali with a lot of vegetable dishes - just make sure the food is vegan though, as Indian tend to add ghee and dairy to many dishes!

This is a fast food eatery inside a grocery shop, so keep this in mind before you bring a date here..

Pros: great samosas

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rani's World Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5325 times since Jul 2011.