CLOSED: Randita's Organic Vegan Cafe

Contact 724-822-8677

210 W Main St, Saxonburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 16056

Established 2002, an organic vegan cafe with also a mobile food trailer and another outlet in Aspinwall/Pittsburgh. Makes wraps (grilled veggies, BBQ seitan, sausage, hummus, taco tofu, and chickenless), grain and bean burgers, plus salad and fruit smoothie. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT THIS OUTLET. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by lsalsgiver

Delicious vegan food in an unlikely place - Edit

Visiting western Pennsylvania, I had a difficult time finding decent vegetarian fare. One of my web searches turned up a listing for Randita's. Though it was a bit out of my way, I decided to give it a shot. So glad I did!

It's a cute little place, nicely decorated and extremely clean. The hostess/server was very nice and attentive. I ordered the African peanut stew as an appetizer -- hearty and flavorful, served with lots of peanuts around the edge of the bowl for mixing in. For my main course I tried the Swedish meatballs made from lentils and grains, served in a brown gravy around mashed potatoes and topped with marinated beets. The meatballs were pretty good -- maybe they could've used a bit more seasoning -- but together with the potatoes and gravy, the dish as a whole was delicious and filling.

The next time I'm anywhere near this area, I'll gladly take a detour to visit Randita's again. Highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, Good-sized portions, Very clean facilities

Cons: In the middle of nowhere

A pretty good option - Edit

I ate here a few days ago and wasn't sure how I was going to review the place. The décor of the restaurant is nice and our server was nice as well. Initially it took quite a while to get waited on, but once we ordered the food came quickly. I ordered the grain and bean burger. It was fine but nothing unusual or outstanding. My dining partner had a veggie wrap and felt the same. There were no sides served with the entrees, so if you are hungry order additional food. I tried to order a muffin or pie for dessert but they were out of all desserts on the menu. Considering the lack of vegan choices in the 'burg it is nice to have this one, but the menu options are a bit average. I would eat here again but they need to step up the service and the options.

Pros: Nice decor, Nice people, A rare vegan option in Pittsburgh

Cons: Slow service, Basic vegan food options

Great Food and Atmosphere - Edit

We really enjoyed our meal at Randita's. I had eaten at their food truck a number of times and then heard they opened a restaurant close to home. I took my husband who is a meat eater and he had their Spicy Sausage Wrap and I had their Grilled Veggie Wrap. They were both great and my husband couldn't believe that there were no meat products in the sausage. The owners are great and friendly. They are even willing to help anyone get started on a plant based diet. I would highly recommend visiting their new restaurant!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Friendliness

Has CLOSED: Randita's Organic Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1227 times since Apr 2013.