First Review by TJF

Comfortable little health food restaurant - Edit

Went here because I found it on HappyCow, and was very happy with the selection. Even though the 'Indian' food rating is misleading (only one item on the menu, the 'Hindu' sandwich was Indian influenced), Ramy Light presents a nice selection of various international-style dishes, including Arab, Mexican and Chinese, that are light and healthy, as well as very reasonably priced. We had the falafels, hummus and garlic mushrooms as appetizers, and especially enjoyed the falafel. Though the bread is not fresh-baked, it is warm and whole-wheat. The rest was good also, though the mushrooms could have been more pungent in my opinion, as a garlic lover. There were three of us, and after three appetizers, we split two plates--the Mexican plate, which was one hard shell taco, "nachos" which had no cheese, but consisted of a few chips topped with avocado salsa, and two small burritos; and the Arab plate, which had more falafel and hummus as well as a a cabbage roll and a stuffed eggplant, with a similar filling of tomato, rice and fake meat. Altogether this was enough food for all three of us; I personally enjoyed the eggplant and cabbage best, it was flavorful and tender and not overly salty. This place is definitely vegan friendly--I think the owner tried to tell us everything was vegan, but we may have misunderstood, and cheese is listed as an ingredient in the spinach empanada. But there were many delicious vegan options. I encourage any vegetarian or vegan visiting Barranquilla to definitely check this place out! The only thing that would have made it better in my mind was if they served beer, but it is a health food store also, after all.

Pros: good price, helpful servers, healthy

Cons: small

Return to Barranquilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ramy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 130 times since Aug 2007.