Rama Garden Thai

Contact 757-616-0533

441 Granby St (at Freemason), Norfolk, Virginia, USA, 23510

Serves meat, vegan options available. More upscale Thai restaurant, warm setting. Offers some vegetarian dishes with tofu, eggs, and veggies. Will accommodate special requests. Open for lunch and dinner.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by drwill

Favorite Thai Place - Edit

This place is a 5 minute walk from where I work, so I've been there many times. I usually get carry-out though. I almost always order the tofu red curry because it's my favorite but I've had a few other dishes. I love their fresh, not fried, spring rolls, but the fried ones are good too.
The service is friendly and fast. They messed up my order one time, but they were nice about it.
The restaurant is okay. It could use some work, but it's pleasant enough to eat there.

Pros: Great food!, Fast!, Curteous

Cons: restaurant a little dingy

Great Thai Food - Edit

I ordered a coke, spring rolls and the red curry tofu. It came out pretty quickly. Both were delicious and my total came to $16.37. I don't think that's bad for downtown Norfolk. It's really close to my office so I can walk there.
I love the table art. The place is clean. The waitstaff is nice. They have a vegetarian menu and some items are vegan. You can ask for them to omit the eggs in some dishes. According to the other review, you should always ask if the dish you want has any fish/sea food products in it. I believe curry is just coconut milk and spices. If anyone finds out differently, please comment.
I recommend this place to anyone in the downtown area looking for a good vegetarian meal at a descent price.

Pros: Yummy, Clean, Friendly

Cons: Some sauces contain fish

Oyster sauce in master sauce - Edit

They have a vegetarian section on their menu, but their food is not vegetarian because the master sauce contains oyster sauce. I always ask about fish sauce at asian restaurants and the waiter was very nice and honest and honest about ingredients. The chef mixed up a fresh batch of master sauce without oyster sauce just for our party. Good food and the prices are about $9-$13 a plate. The atmosphere is nice, but there is a TV near the dining area.

In short, the menu claims some dishes are vegetarian but they are not. However the staff is more than happy to make dishes actually vegetarian upon request.

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Cons: veggie food not vegetarian

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rama Garden Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1422 times since Jan 2008.