Raj Restaurant

172 Race Course Rd #01-01/05, Soho at Farrer, Central Singapore, Singapore, 218605

Indian eatery with multiple outlets. Serves cuisines from different regions of India. Moved here from 76 Syed Alwi Rd. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by Zambezikid

great vegetarian Indian food - Edit

We had paneer and pori as a starter. As a main we had stuffed potato in tomato sauce.
Everything tasted grat. Friendly staff.

Possibly the best Veggie Indian food in Little India - Edit

A friend pointed me here a few month ago. I've been here probably 6 times since then. The food is excellent and the portions are huge. It's also pretty cheap for a restaurant in Singapore. There was another comment about not knowing what to order, this has apparently changed since then. All menu items are marked to denote pure vegan, dairy, onions and garlic.

I've lived in Singapore for several years now. Raj and a place called Gokul are the two best Indian vegetarian restaurants I've found.

Recommendations::
Buttermilk (mor)
Dahl-e-Raja

Pros: Delicious, Not Expensive

Cons: Too far from my house

Bland - Edit

We were really looking forward to dining here after reading some good online reviews but left feeling a little disappointed. A lot of the menu is primarily vegetarian with a lot of paneer options available, the vegan options were a little limited we thought. We decided to order the masala dosai ($3.8), a daal butter fry ($7.5), vegetable makhanwalla ($9) with jeera rice and chapati, all for a reasonable $34.25. The masala dosai was amazing and quite possibly the best we have eaten anywhere but the makhanwalla and the daal in particular, just lacked the depth of spices and flavour we were expecting.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Limited vegan options, Bland

Quite expensive - Edit

I dined here one evening. I ordered a starter, a curry and 2 breads. It came to SGD 26. This seems quite expensive to me compared to other places nearby.

The prices look reasonable on the menu but then they whack you with 17% extra when you get the bill -I always find that deceitful.

Food was ok - I made a bad choice. There is a board outside saying that they have vegan food. But the menu has no indication of which dishes are suitable. Many have milk products in them. So it makes choosing difficult. Menu would benefit greatly from a key to indicate vegan options.

Cons: Quite expensive, Difficult to identify vegan options, No alcohol

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raj Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.