Raj Vegetarian Indian Restaurant

Contact 62971716

76 Syed Alwi Road (at Serangoon Rd, Little India), Central Singapore, Singapore, 207655

Uses fresh ingredients in making cuisine from the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western parts of India. Reservations recommended. Call for hours. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Zambezikid

Bland - Edit

We were really looking forward to dining here after reading some good online reviews but left feeling a little disappointed. A lot of the menu is primarily vegetarian with a lot of paneer options available, the vegan options were a little limited we thought. We decided to order the masala dosai ($3.8), a daal butter fry ($7.5), vegetable makhanwalla ($9) with jeera rice and chapati, all for a reasonable $34.25. The masala dosai was amazing and quite possibly the best we have eaten anywhere but the makhanwalla and the daal in particular, just lacked the depth of spices and flavour we were expecting.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Limited vegan options, Bland

Quite expensive - Edit

I dined here one evening. I ordered a starter, a curry and 2 breads. It came to SGD 26. This seems quite expensive to me compared to other places nearby.

The prices look reasonable on the menu but then they whack you with 17% extra when you get the bill -I always find that deceitful.

Food was ok - I made a bad choice. There is a board outside saying that they have vegan food. But the menu has no indication of which dishes are suitable. Many have milk products in them. So it makes choosing difficult. Menu would benefit greatly from a key to indicate vegan options.

Cons: Quite expensive, Difficult to identify vegan options, No alcohol

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raj Vegetarian Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 649 times since Aug 2007.