First Review by

awesome selection of whole foods - Edit

Coming from London, where there's a choice of places for organic and vegan food, I was really impressed with the range and amount of organic vegan food here. It's a little pricey for some things but the quality is great. There's also a great cafe connected to the grocery, The High Noon Cafe, which serves delicious burgers and other wholesome food fora reasonable price, and the staff are really friendly :)

Pros: selection, quality, friendly

Cons: pricey

Rainbow Whole Foods Co-Op is da bomb! - Edit

Rainbow is the only organic, non-GMO, pure foods store in the Jackson area. They have organic, locally grown produce, bakery items baked daily, a fabulous soup & salad bar, a supplements room, pure organic cosmetics, a bulk bins area, a grocery store, and Jackson's only vegetarian restaurant. I buy everything there, from groceries to freshly made (while I wait) juice, water filters for my shower heads, all of my cosmetics & personal hygiene products, seeds for sprouting, potted herbs for planting in my herb garden, to vitamins & supplements. If they don't have it in stock, they'll order it for me. I even recycle things there that the city won't recycle (like glass). I love my Rainbow!

Pros: locally grown organic produce, great soup & salad bar, knowlegable staff

Cons: too small; I wish they had more space, not enough refrigerator space/items

Nice Surprise - Edit

I stopped at the Rainbow Whole Foods Market as I was moving from Florida to Arizona. I was very surprised at the variety of selections of vegan options as well as locally grown produce for sale. The vegan tempeh "chicken" salad was probably the best I've ever tasted as well as the variety of vegan deserts. The Whole Foods in Phoenix, AZ where I live dose not even come close. Hats off!

Pros: Vegan Entrees, Vegan Desserts

Return to Jackson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rainbow Natural Grocery Cooperative closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1722 times since Aug 2007.