Rainbow Restaurant

Contact 404-633-3538

2118 N Decatur Rd (at Clairmont), Decatur, Georgia, USA, 30033

Menu, hot bar, and deli inside the grocery store. Offers daily special and soups. Pay-by-the-pound buffet features a variety of main entrees and sides, all vegetarian. Vegetarian menu also for other orders, such as sandwiches and burgers. Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Buffet, Fast food

First Review by calamaestra

unassuming location, great food - Edit

Love the cooked greens and other healthy choices. Husband enjoys the spanakopita. Eat in (pay at register, then go to small dining room at rear of store) or take out. They also have wrapped, single-portion vegan desserts near the dining room. Some dishes seem over-salted. I stopped getting the scrambled tofu because it was salty too many times. I no longer get the rice; I don't like the way it tastes. But there are so many choices--so unexpected in a small store--that I still love the place.

Pros: fresh, wholesome food, compostable containers for take-out

It's pretty descent .... - Edit

I have gone there about 7 times. The hot bar is pretty ok. The food can sometimes be a bit bland, like the spaghetti and meatballs I bought yesterday, but I have had some things there that were better tasting, and it's so good to know that that place is there when I need something to eat while I am at work! I really appreciates the rest of the store as well. Nice selection of herbs and things. I will continue to support, but they really need better cooks for the prepared foods. I'm a supporter tho'

Pros: herbs, prepared desserts, good customer service

Cons: some bland tastng prepared foods

great buffet - Edit

I get takeaway from here all the time. The buffet is all vegetarian with vegan items clearly marked. The veggies are delicious! I can't make them this good myself, so I stock up here for a few days.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 02, 2013

Return to Decatur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rainbow Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2446 times since Aug 2007.