Rainbow Bridge Natural Deli Cafe

Contact 805-646-4017

211 E Matilija St (at Signal, downtown), Ojai, California, USA, 93023

Serves meat, vegan options available. Deli cafe located inside the health food market. More vegetarian choices than vegan ones; vegan need to specify. Has seating inside. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

Lovely selection of vegan products - Edit

Nice range of fresh salads, they also had some vegetable sushi which looked made within a day. I liked their dips and tempeh and some nice packaged soups and fruit and veg

A MUST for vegans visiting Ojai - Edit

We did some shopping in the market and found some great items that we have not seen at Whole Foods. Ordered a lunch for a picnic, which was delicious. I had the Caprese Sandwich, which was made with vegan cashew cheese, pesto, sun dried tomatoes and I had it on gluten-free bread. What a treat! Everyone was very nice and they do a great business. It's easy to see why!

Pros: A Lot of Variety, Large vegan foods selection, Great food to go or eat in

It's Good...Every Time! - Edit

I don't know if I like the food or the name, Rainbow Bridge, better. I think both are really great. The Rainbow Bridge name makes me reminisce about finding that Irish "Pot of Gold" under the Rainbow. And I feel like I found my Foodie Pot of Gold under the Rainbow every time I eat there!
We've eaten here so many times, I've lost count. We usually get the 3-item sampler plate so we've tried probably every Vegan and Vegetarian choice they offer in the Deli case at one time or another. My favorite item is the Hijiki Salad. It's so flavorful if you enjoy the taste of Seaweed. We like the Tabbouleh Salad. I don't like all Tabbouleh Salads that I've eaten in various spots, but this "Americanized" version is quite good. I also like the Beet Salad and even the Potato Salad when I'm in the mood. Well, just about everything is good and if you're not sure, just ask for a taste.
The shakes and smoothie are hit or miss for us. Although we like the food at the Deli, some of the shakes made from the rice milk ice cream is too sweet for me. My husband loves every one of the smoothies, but again if the smoothie is too sweet, I'd rather have one of the fresh squeezed juices. All of the freshly made juices here are excellent and always better than the bottled juices. I've been to some fresh juice bars where the fresh squeezed recipe combinations could just "grow hair" on your chest... ugh! But, not here. All the fresh juices are great.
The soups are excellent as well. No matter what I've had so far, the soups I've bought have tasted just great. But to be honest, there have been a couple of times the soup didn't look very appetizing so I didn't buy any. I don't know if those were good or not.
Overall, this Deli is my Go To spot, especially after shopping at the Sunday Farmer's Market. There is some casual outdoor seating along the window front and some seating inside. It always feels like the food tastes better when we are able to sit outside, which probably has something to do with the amazing Ojai air... it's just incredible! But, about half the time we eat inside and when I'm by myself I often just run back to my car and eat inside it with the windows rolled down.
This is a place that you must go with your instincts... If it looks good, get it. Chances are good you'll be very glad you did. Ojai is a spontaneous environment and accordingly as a diner, you must be too!

great deli in the back of a nice grocery - Edit

Rainbow has a limited selection of vegan items, but steamed veggies, veggie burger, veggie sushi are all there. There is a nice indoor seating area and a few seats outside. If you're only in Ojai for one meal then definitely go to Hip down the street, but if you are on your feet with family shopping in the arcade area then its a nice spot to get off your feet with some fresh juice and a sandwich.

Pros: nice back of grocery store deli, indoor seating

Cons: needs vegan label

Return to Ojai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rainbow Bridge Natural Deli Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1298 times since Feb 2012.