Rainbow Acres

• Health Store
Contact 310-823-5373

4756 Admiralty Way (at Marina Waterside Shopping Center), Marina Del Rey, California, USA, 90292

Small, well-stocked health food shop. Has a veggie-friendly deli and juice bar with counter seating inside and a couple tables outside. Stocks a range of natural products and natural food, grocery, specialty items. The in-house bakery makes all kinds of sweets and baked goods. Find vitamins and supplements department, bulk staple, snack foods, frozen and refrigerated food, raw food, books, and more. Also another location (much larger) in Marina/Culver area on Washington Blvd near Lincoln.

First Review by eric

Small place - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow so many years ago and have shopped and eaten here several times. Here's my Rainbow Acres review update.

This is both a small health food store and a food service counter. There are a few tall seats at the counter for eating in addition to 2 small tables outside. Has veg-friendly foods, including veggie sandwiches and fresh juices and smoothies. Always busy at lunch time.

While the menu and product selections are limited, it's fine to come here anyway. The food is ok. You can eat your food at the small table just out front. The menu is not all veg, but there is one vegan burger patty and a fresh juice bar.

Pros: casual, independently owned, healthy choices

Cons: small menu

Great place, Great food, Great staff=) - Edit

My girlfriend and I really enjoy the Vegan options here at Rainbow Acres. Just yesterday (05-18-2013) my girlfriend and I went to Rainbow Acres to take food to go so we could smuggle it into the movies. I ordered the Veggie Deluxe sandwich with a side of brown rice and lentils. The food was incredible. We ordered two carrot juices to go as well and they were so sweet and so refreshing, this place will be getting a lot of our business.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 19, 2013

Pros: Selections, Price. , Quality.

Cons: Small. , Lunchtime crowds.

Great Store & Cafe - Edit

This place rivals any chain store as far as selection of vitamins, vegan foods, etc... Stop for lunch & shop for all your vegan goods (2-fer) :-)

Pros: Great selection, Cafe is good, Fast service

So so - Edit

Its a nice little Natural Health Food store with a deli. They do vegan Un-Tuna and Tofu Burgers, fresh juices. They aren't really raising the bar with anything, just basic, so if that's what you're into! They seem friendly. You get your ticket and pay at the counter.

Try the Un-Tuna - Edit

I ate lunch here two days in a row. Service was excellent at 11:30 am, however the next day I ordered after 1 pm and it was mayhem at the counter. I ordered a vegan burrito and after I saw cheese sprinkled on the beans it suddendly occured to me that they were using microwaves for their heating. I quickly changed my order to the un-tuna. My ticket was placed at the bottom of the stack (as if I was being punished) so I waited quite a while. After I had paid and left with my order, I realized they forgot to include a fork, napkins, and vegan salad dressing (which were both awful, BTW). I was handed a full bottle, so I requested they they put it in a to go container. When I finally sat down (at my hotel) to eat, I realized the order had been written as tuna, not UN-tuna, so I had to drive back to Rainbow and have them correct my order. There was no apology. You're better off going to the restaurant across the parking lot and ordering a vegan burrito there.

Pros: Tasty sandwiches, Great Location, Access to Vegan Groceries

Cons: Vegan Confusion, Unfriendly Deli Staff, Use Microwaves

Try the deli soups - Edit

This store is divided into 2 sections with the deli counter at one and market at the other. The deli is busy during lunch hours, but the service is fast. The menu (not 100% veg) consisits of simple foods like veggie burgers, sandwiches, and salads (nothing fancy). For lunch yesterday I ordered a taro burger and a peasant soup (vegan). The soup was hearty and delicious, but the burger was just a frozen patty heated and placed with some sprouts on wheat buns. I also got some apple chips and pretzels from the market, so that was convenient.

Pros: small & cozy, outdoor seats available, nice people

Return to Marina Del Rey Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rainbow Acres closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2399 times since Aug 2007.