First Review by Poundie

variety of dishes but not as good quality - Edit

I was a bit disappointed of this restaurant. The food is ok but it needs something else... I think they don't look for the quality of products. It's just a normal menu, nothing special.

Pros: lots of dishes

Cons: not so good quality, too much soya products

Wide range of veggie options, but lacking quality - Edit

We had lunch in this vegetarian restaurant in Granada, which apparently was the first veggie establishment in the city. It has a huge menu, featuring things like 'meat'balls, veggie burgers, kebabs, salads, etc. Unfortunately the focus seems to be primarily on the range of options and the different mock meat products (tofu, soya, seitan, gluten) rather than on producing healthy, quality meals. We had a gluten kebab and the soya meatballs, both of which were fine but uninspiring. It is a nice little restaurant with friendly staff, so it is good that there is an option for local veggies and tourists. However, I feel that this place was proof that Spanish veggie restaurants need to focus on quality and creative cooking if they are going to do more than preach to the converted.

Pros: Big menu, Friendly staff, Nice environment

Cons: Focus on mock meats, Not many healthy options

The veggie classic in Granada - Edit

Raices was the first vegetarian restaurant in Granada, and still today is one of my favorite places. The food is well prepared and fresh, the service is friendly, and they have enough vegan options to keep this girl happy. Their daily menu is great value for money and changes every day. Dont be afraid to ask the waiter/waitress for recommendations, they are very knowledgeable :)

Paprika Restaurant, Granada, Spain - Edit

Restaurant opens rather late in the evening - 9.00 pm - about one hour later than most restaurants in Spain. Very large and would seat over 100 customers, but we were the only two customers. Prices moderate. Food tasty, but there seemed to be egg in every dish - even the mushroom soup. Menu did have an English translation. Staff do not speak English.

Pros: Moderate Price, Tasty food

Cons: Opens too late for dinner, Eggs in too many dishes

excellent, both times - Edit

The internal decoration is great (you can't miss the place walking along Picasso street - a faux yelow stone facade). The dinner dish is preceded by an absolutely excellent little tapa (starter) of fried pastry and a guacamoli-like cream/dip.
Don't miss their zumo fresco de naranja (freshly squeezed orange juice). A huge choice of salads, starters, main dishes and deserts. Also check out the really cool (and really cheap) earrings for sale hanging on the wall near the entrance (also some paintings/graphics, all for sale). Really friendly staff, excellent food quality and meal size, cosy atmosphere... all in all, an excellent restaurant.

Pros: food, design

Tasty vegetarian food at a good price - Edit

Really good food, filling, and at a great prices. Would have liked to have seen more vegan options, non-dairy options, and no gluten options. Clean and nice atmosphere. We didn't try the desserts because we were so full from dinner, but also because I couldn't tell if they were really vegetarian desserts or normal desserts. Worth visiting.

Reasonable - Edit

I'm always happy to find a vegetarian restaurant, and the food here was fine without being outstanding. I had the menu of the day, which for a vegan on that day consisted of pasta salad, vegetable soup, bread, and a date cake. Lots of seitan options on the menu for vegans which looked interesting. And loads of vegetarian (non-vegan) options. There were some interesting burger options which looked tasty.

Pros: vegan options marked on menu, variety

Good Place a bit out of town - Edit

We were happy to find this place. depending on where you are staying, this might be a bit out of town restaurant for you.
And it does not open till 1:30pm and 9pm (I forgot the closing time).
We had a house salad and fried brown rice with Seitan and mushroom. the salad had some out of jar asparaguses and maybe frozen sweet corn which I find disappointing.
The brown rice was oily. But still so grateful to find a restaurant which offers something like seaweed, tofu, seitan etc.

a nice place - Edit

Pleasant restaurant, bright modern decor, 100% veggie, helpful waitress & interesting & inventive food. They have soya, seitan & tofu as well as veg. Extensive menu - we were offered 2: one in English & another with photos. Wine list isn't extensive, particularly for white where they had only one, semidulce but I feel mean for mentioning it. We would have gone more than once if we'd found it earlier.

Pros: good food, friendly, pleasant atmosphere

Cons: wine list

Raices, Spain - Edit

100% veggie restaurant located about a 5 min walk across the river from the city centre. Well worth the stroll. I have been in few veggie restaurants with such a wide choice on offer on the menu. Lots to please lacto, ovo and vegan vegetarians. Menu in English is available but vegan veggie dishes on the menu aren't marked. Friendly service even with my still only very very basic grasp of Spanish (on my second visit I was particularly lucky as 1 of the watresses spoke good English). Open good hours and not over priced. Pleasantly decorated. I'd more than happilly eat there again. I considered giving it 5 stars out of 5.

Pros: Huge choice, Tasty food, Open good hours

Cons: Closed Sundays

Surprisingly good! - Edit

It can be a bit hard to find good vegetarian places in Spain, so I was most surprised by this excellent restaurant. Though slightly out of the way, it was worth the walk: everything about the place--food, service, atmosphere--was superb.

Pros: Good food, good service

Return to Granada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raices closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3278 times since Aug 2007.