Radost FX Cafe

Contact 0603193711

Belehradska 120 (at Praha 1), Prague, Czech Republic, 120 00

Serves fish, vegan options available. Large gallery divided into a music night club, day bar, music shop, lounge and pescatarian-vegetarian restaurant (vegtarianska restaurace). Extensive veggie food menu is also in English and features choices including soup, salad, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, Asian dishes, Mexican food. Most dishes contain dairy and/or eggs. Regular menu has only a couple vegan dishes, marked. Weekend brunch menu, served til 3pm, is American style with waffles, french toast, and has a few vegan plates. Extensive alcohol menu. Full menu 10:30am-5pm and 7pm-12am. Light food menu Thur-Sat 12am-4am when the night club is open on those nights. Smoking is permitted except prohibited from 11am-3pm. Directions: IP Pavlova subway stop, or short walk from St. Wencenslas statue facing the museum, go right and then left to the backside of themMuseum.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Italian, Beer/Wine, Catering, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by Poundie

Great food but takes forever - Edit

This is one of the oldest vegetarian restaurants in Prague. Very interesting decor. Food is never disappointing and whatever you order its usually very good and above average. Minus is extremely long waiting time- often more then 45 minutes for lunch menu what can quite problematic during lunch breaks. Really awesome hummus and tortillas!

Pros: Food, Nice service, Good price for what you get

Cons: Takes way too long, Could have more vegan options

Horrible - Edit

Went for dinner with my boyfriend after very hood experience about year ago. I dunno what have changed but it was horrible. Service wasn't speaking almost any English and barely Czech. Food was simply disgusting - pizza was just base with ton ofcheese and burger was dry and tasted only as BBQ sauce.I do not recommend. For this price I'd expect way better.

Cool place. - Edit

This place functions as a cafe during the day and a night club during the night. The decor is beautiful with funky painted walls and crazy lamps.

The menu had several vegan options, the entire menu being vegetarian. I had been craving Mexican food and was happy to see several burrito options. The server spoke broken English though was able to make a burrito vegan for me. She was very knowledgeable about veganism and what dishes could be modified. There was also an extensive drink menu. This place was definitely expensive for the Czech republic, especially the drinks.

Good cocktails and food - Edit

We came here twice, one time just for cocktails in the night and another one for lunch. The cocktails are good and price ridiculous compared to other European countries (3,5/4€).

Lunch was alright, but not the best we had in Prague. The daily menu is really cheap, around 7,5€ for a soup, main dish and dessert.

On the menu they have burgers, Asian dishes and pasta. Very large menu with around 30% vegan options.
Very friendly and helpful staff. The decoration is a bit tacky.

Super Brunch - Edit

Had brunch there. Waitress was overworked as it was quite busy and food took a while though.
I had vegan huevos rancheros. It was like a Mexican style breakfast with scrambled tofu, Mexican style potatoes. Separate vegan section on menu and staff spoke English well. The cocktails looked really nice too

Pros: Vegan Menu , Decor

Cons: Slow Service

Deserves better reviews - Edit

This restaurant is completely vegetarian with some 8-10 vegan options. The food is spectacular, definitely better than in any other veg restaurant in Prague. Location is great, prices are fair, portions of food are huge.

Pros: Great vegan options, Spectacular taste, Good quality/price ratio

Cons: Main part isn't smoke free, you have to sit in sma

Very nice experience - Edit

There should be more places like this one. Food is excelent, great taste, good price, the stuff is very friendly. You can choose from hunderd of diferent vegetarian meels from all ower the world. I recomand the visit to everybody

Pros: great food, excelent taste and good price, nice and friendly stuff

Excellent food, stunning interior - Edit

Excellent vegetarian food from all world, good music. Downstairs is very famous club. All my recomandation

Pros: music, delicious food, near by centrum

Cons: smoking in one part

Tons of veggie choices, better for bar/night out - Edit

Enjoyed our meal here but it wasn't anything too special. There were so many choices on the menu it seemed it would have been better if they chose a few to make incredible. I think I made the wrong choice with a salad, there was a nice selection of tofu burgers that my partner ordered, was more interesting than my order.

Large drinks menu too.

Great decor and atmosphere for night out or date. Enjoyed surrounding.

One waitress was particularly lovely and spoke English very well. She was very nice and not the stereotypical Czech service as we experienced in other places.

Good place but we probably could have just gone for a night out.

Pros: Great vibe, Romantic, Lots of choice

Cons: Too much choice

Used to be one of my all time Favourites - Edit

I have strong affections for this place, it was probably the first vegetarian restaurant that I ever visited in my life back in 2002 and have returned since then a number of times. Relaxed restaurant at the front which closes at about midnight, then food is served in the lounge at the back until at least 2 or 3am. Great vegan choice, cheap cocktails and fine beers. This place is a Prague establishment with a nightclub downstairs but the food is what I come here for. Unfortunately, it does now serve some meat and fish now so I skipped a visit here whilst in Prague in June 2013. Instead, I opted to go to the very good Loving Hut on Londynsá which is parallel with Belehradská on which Radost is located. Still, great memories of Radost and worth a visit because they still do good vegetarian food albeit prepared in a kitchen that also has meat in it.

Pros: food, atmosphere, cool

Cons: smokey, serves meat now

Lovely spot to visit - Edit

This place was my saviour when the event I was attending in Prague held their dinner meal in a very meat-heavy restaurant nearby. The food was generally pretty good and not too expensive, and it was nice to see that vegan options were marked on the menu.

Pros: Good food, Good size portions

Cons: A bit dark and gloomy, Not 100% vegetarian with fish on menu

too dairy oriented for me - Edit

First night we only checked this place out and drank some fresh ginger or mint tea, which tasted good. A day later we decided to eat here. My plate had mashed potatoes and vegetables, although not too many and it was covered by a layer of creamy (dairy) sauce. My wife had the popeye burger plate, which contained a lot of cheese. This restaurant is too dairy oriented to be called vegetarian in my opinion.

Cons: too dairy oriented

Impressive Food Menu but Smoky Space - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and made the effort to stop in on a past trip to Prague. Here's my Radost FX Cafe review.

I was impressed with the extensive multi-ethnic cuisine menu. The brunch menu was impressive as well. For our dinner meal, my husband ordered a Asian vegetable stiry fry served with jasmine rice; the rice was too hard and the veggies tasted just okay. I got the Popeye sandwich, which was a spinach hazelnut pattie burger topped with mushroom & melted cheese in a toasted foccacia bread and served with a side of cous cous salad; this was very tasty and filling.

Overall the food was all right. If you don't mind the smoky atmosphere, come here for the large selection of veggie food.

My complaints are: the atmosphere was uncomfortable for us because people were smoking around us. Also because this restaurant shares a space with a night club, it felt a bit on the grungy side.

Suggestion for improvement: Make the restaurant completely NO smoking at all times.

Pros: good selection of food & drinks, good music, prompt service

Cons: a bit grungy, too smoky

Disappointing - Edit

Me and my boyfriend went to the Radost today. From the website and the menu the place seems really promising and we expected much even though there were not that many vegan dishes. The atmosphere is nice and friendly even many people were smoking there. The staff was friendly and English speaking but couldn't answer requests concerning the dishes. As I ordered grape leaves which were supposed to be vegan (marked as vegan on the menu), there was some tzaziki about which I wasn't sure and so we asked here. She didn't know what it was made from and went to the kitchen to ask. She came back and said it was made from cowmilk yoghurt... So if you go for a vegan dish, better check when you order...
And: in the english version of this starter they didn't mention that there are nuts (in the czech menu it was said).
Besides this very interesting happening- for a vegetarian restaurant, the food was acceptable but nothing special or very good. My boyfriend had something that supposed to be risotto but was rather some cheesy-milky mashed rice. The highlight of my "Hummus-Platter" was the hummus coming with not enough pita bread and some raw vegetables.
We were not really satisfied and will not go there again.

Pros: atmosphere

Cons: food not really good, vegan marked food not necessarily vegan

lilScorpio 22 Feb 2012 - wow, i had the grape leaf as well and was wondering about the taste of the "soy"-yogurt... Thank you for the info! I didn't think of asking, because i was sure it is vegan because of the symbol... O.o :((

Children's Food - Edit

Yes - It is vege - sort of - With EGGS and fish.
But its the kind of vege food that kids and teenagers would like.
Mainly mushy fast food with sugar in everything.

Pros: cheap, friendly

Cons: Too much SUGAR, Unsophisticated children's food

Very happy with the food - Edit

I live in Vienna & have been known to use excuses to visit Prague just so I can eat once more in the best veggie restaurant in central Europe. Sure they need to have a dedicated non smoking section, but this will happen soon, just like in a number of other European countries where it's banned. It really recommend the Tofu/Cashew Stirfry with a good Czech dark beer & for dessert, Every Rabbit's Dream Carrot Cake with a cappuchino. Be sure to sit out the back, the seating is crappy in the front.
PS: the music store at the front of the cafe has an excellent range for eclectic tastes. :-))

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Radost FX Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.