Radiance Wholefoods

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 021164265

20/16 Moobarn Prommitr Villa, Sukhumvit Soi 39, Klongtoey, Wattana (at 128/2 ), Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

Organic and health food shop providing fresh organic produce, tempeh, bakery items, nuts, seeds, grains, and more. Mainly receive orders via website and deliver to shipping address. Previously located at Sukhumvit Soi 22 Klongtoey. Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm

First Review by SamanthaCheryl

Quality over quantity - Edit

I had been scouring Bangkok in search of nutritional yeast when a deep online search told me that someone had once found some here. Excited by the possibility that if they stock this rare treasure then they must surely have many more, I set off on a scavenger hunt to find this shop, and I don't say that lightly. Even Google Maps had this shop pinned incorrectly, so search for it by the address. And even when you are in the right area, it doesn't exactly stand-out, with just a small banner on an outside fence indicating it's name.

By my logic that if they had nutritional yeast, then they must have much more, I was expecting a big, well stocked shop of goodies. But alas, this place is tiny and there are but a small number of products exquisitely presented.

Nutritional yeast is here for 335 baht for 150 grams. The small selection of nut butters also caught my eye. But it's certainly not the one-stop shop for all my vegan cooking needs that I'd hoped for.

Worth a visit, sure. It may have that one item that you haven't been able to find anywhere else in Bangkok. But it is just a small selection of premium items.

To add an additional point, I just found out the hard way that you cannot pay by card for any amount below 1,000 baht, which seems nonsensically high and it stopped me from purchasing more than I did, as I only had 400 baht in my pocket. It is what it is though, so don't make the same mistake that I did and be sure to bring enough cash with you.

Updated from previous review on Friday November 20, 2015

Cons: Don't accept cards for below 1,000 baht

Lots of goodies for your pantry. - Edit

I don't live in Bangkok, so can't really compare them to other health food stores in the area, but Radiance does have a pretty good selection, especially considering how tiny their store is. Loads of varieties of dried beans and lentils, nuts, nut butters, seeds of all types, nutritional yeast, supplements, teas, brown and mixed-grain rice, toiletries and hygiene products, and a small selection of fresh, local, organic veggies.

The prices are about as expensive as you would expect for imported and organic things. The peanut butter is a great dealt though!

Oh, and the owner speaks good English and can probably help you find anything else you need.

Note on the location: Radiance is located directly on Soi 22, just about one kilometer south of Sukhumvit. You do NOT
need to go down the Nam Thip Alley 2. It'll be on the right side of Soi 22 if you're headed southwards, just after a couple of schools.

Pros: Good selection, Fair prices, Natural PB

Cons: Not much fresh stuff

Maybe off because they just reopened - Edit

They were closed until the 6th, which is the day I went. The store was a big of a mess, no produce/tempeh or fresh foods but they did have chia seeds, almond butter, protein and spirulina. More expensive than I would pay in Canada but at least they do have great products that are hard to find elsewhere in Thailand.

I think that in a few days after reorganizing and hopefully having their full stock, it would be a better experience! Glad I got my chia seeds anyways!

Pros: Products

Cons: Price, Selection

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Radiance Wholefoods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2051 times since Jan 2013.