Radha Cuisine

• ( 11 reviews )

13 Strada Emanoil Ungureanu (at Strada General Eremia Grigorescu), Timisoara, Romania

Offers both vegetarian and vegan daily menus plus a menu of veggie burgers, samosas, and plenty of sweets. English spoken. Open Mon-Fri 11:00-18:00.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Western, Hare Krishna

First Review by veggieriga

raina.bosniac

Points +63

12 Nov 2020

Great food, for really cheap prices

There’s always a vegan option available, staff are always very helpful when asking about the ingredients in everything. There’s a daily menu, with few options, a vegan soup, some type of vegan or vegetarian curry with rice or buckwheat and a dessert. The dessert isn’t always vegan. Amazing food and great value for money. Looks a bit shabby, but totally worth it.

Reggie07

Points +20

26 Jun 2020

Best place in town for vegan food

Best place in town for vegan food. the prices are very very good.

MaximeSavard

Points +26

29 Jul 2019

Good vegan Indian food

Nice welcoming from the chief. She spoke a very good English, super friendly, knows what is vegan vs vegetarian. The Indian style vegan meal I had was good, complete and cheap (€4).

Pros: All homemade fresh dishes, Cheap

Cons: Single use plastic cutlery and glass

mariabmm

Points +764

09 Feb 2019

Nice staff, good food

We went for the daily menu, on their website they are mentioning that the daily menu is served between 12:00-18:00 so we were hoping that at 14:00 that it will still be served, but it was already finished.

The staff was nice, they tried suggesting other things on the menu, but there wasn't that much you could choose from.

I didn't see any notes in the place to tell you that you have to go to the cashier to place your order, but we figured it out. They also don't have the daily menu written anywhere, but at least they have it on their website.

We didn't get to taste any food, as we left.

Edit: We went the next day at around 4 and they had most of the menu and they gave us the vegan ones. The food was typical homemade vegan food with Indian influence and it was tasty.

I recommend this place.😄

Updated from previous review on 2019-01-31

Pros: Good prices, Friendly staff

Cons: Not much variety, The daily menu is over quickly some days, They use single use plastics as cutlery

symbiosis

Points +384

09 Mar 2018

friendly place

A nice place, indian cuisine, decent portions, not very much choice at the time, but I think they rotate their menu. Nice for a quite bite, and very cheap.

cdrk

Points +467

21 Oct 2017

Good food.

I went there once and asked to get a vegan plate in which small portions of almost all vegan meals available was offered (including one soup and one dessert).
Dahl, rice, some kind of flat samosa, etc.
Some were good, some very good, the portion was generous and this for a reasonable price.
The persons working there were friendly.
My rating would be good in stead of very good but I cannot stay fair as it was more than that.
The choice for vegan is smaller than for vegetarian but nevertheless not bad.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Cheap and clean

Cons: More vegetarian than vegan

teodbo

Points +36

30 Sep 2017

Great food, very friendly chefs!

The food is delicious, most of the food is vegan, but they also have options that include cheese. Great deserts, very friendly staff.

Alexandra_Sunshine

Points +154

25 Aug 2017

Good food and cookies

This one of the few places where you can find good vegan cookies in Timisoara. Some of the pastry is just vegetarian, but ingredients are listed (or just ask).
They have a daily vegan menu, that is listed also on their web page.

Pros: Affordable prices, Variety of cookies

Emssilly

Points +24

04 Jun 2017

Very good food.

I went last Monday during my short trip to Romania. The staff were very friendly, understood "vegan" and gave me lots of tasty food for about £3. It was so cheap. I was full but not the full heavy feeling. Would definitely recommend and go back if I ever return to Timosaora.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Friendly staff

alexandra_vegan

Points +1549

15 Jun 2015

Fusion indian-romanian vegan and vegetarian food

They serve menu of the day indian-romanian fusion cuisine which comes in 2 options: vegan or vegetarian (no eggs, just dairy).
They also serve pastry, cakes, cookies and excellent burgers (you have to ask them to omit the cheese, by default the burgers are vegetarian).
My favorite dishes are the vegan burger and the soups.
It's a good option for fair priced menu of the day, in the city center.
The menu is freshly made daily, and all the other food is fresh.
No smoking allowed inside.
The only thing I don't like about them is that they use plastic plates and cutlery, which is very environmentally unfriendly :(

Pros: fresh tasty food, big portions, friendly staff

Cons: dark and not so friendly eating area, they use plastic cutlery and plates :(

veggieriga

Points +660

Mostly Veg
03 Jan 2014

Wonderful vegan and vegetarian food, kind people

I really enjoyed the food I ate here especially the desserts were fantastic and the best I found in Timisoara. There was only one guy there, because it was the holiday season but he was very kind. I ate here twice and took a great vegan burger to go so I would have something to eat on the train to Bucharest. It made my journey much more pleasant.

All the food is reasonably priced; the lunch specials are 15 lei which is a superb value. The specials are all day, not just until a certain time which makes it a great choice for dinner. The daily menu comes in a vegan or vegetarian version which is great.

The bathroom is very clean and has hot water which isn't always the case in Romania.

Thank you for making my time in Timisoara so memorable!

Pros: Great vegan food, Kind people, Very inexpensive

Return to Timisoara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Radha Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.