First Review by shanery

authentic Kazakh canteen made veg - Edit

Serves authentic Russian and central Asian cuisine, made vegetarian. Vegan lifestyle is largely unknown in Kazakhstan so this is the closest you can get to it. Also the typical canteen look is very common here.
Notice that salads here are done with mayonnaise and eggs in it mostly.

Pros: central location

Cons: not as cheap as other canteens

Only veg option in Karaganda! - Edit

As far as I know, based on my brief visit and research, this is the only true veg option in Karaganda. Either way, definitely recommended!

I believe that it is part of a Russian chain. As is typical in Russia (well, as typical as it gets for veg!), the pre-pared buffet choose-your-dishes layout is the name of the game. The bad part about this is that it means the food is pre-prepared and sitting around.

However, they will warm your food up for you if you wish (microwave), and the important thing is that I found most items good, some sauces quite tasty! And, important to me, they had Kazakh-type dishes -- for example, various savory pastries and a breaded-veggie version of shashlik (shishkebabs).

The prices were generally good -- I would say moderate for the area, but most visitors will be pleased, I think, with the cost-quality ratio.

The staff was nice, and they had a little bit of English, even -- definitely more than enough to get by in ordering! The place had other visitors every time I was there, but was far from busy, so you will have zero problem ordering quickly and eating in peace. (Though let's get them some more business! :) )

The only thing I would advise against are the vegan dessert options -- sadly limited to dessert balls, several of the date power-bar variety, all of which I found unexciting and expensive compared to the other food. They had many vegetarian desserts, and numerous seemingly vegan main dishes (they did seem aware what was what), so one thing I would hope from them is to expand their vegan dessert options.

Pros: Tasty, Range of options, including Kazakh, Quick, efficient, peaceful dining room

Cons: Vegan dessert options lacking

This is a wonderful place. The staff were very help and the food was good. The style is buffet and they have a lot of pastry items.

There are plenty of vegan options.

Pros: Nice staff, Good food and good options

Return to Karagandy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rada & K closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.