First Review by shanery

Only veg option in Karaganda! - Edit

As far as I know, based on my brief visit and research, this is the only true veg option in Karaganda. Either way, definitely recommended!

I believe that it is part of a Russian chain. As is typical in Russia (well, as typical as it gets for veg!), the pre-pared buffet choose-your-dishes layout is the name of the game. The bad part about this is that it means the food is pre-prepared and sitting around.

However, they will warm your food up for you if you wish (microwave), and the important thing is that I found most items good, some sauces quite tasty! And, important to me, they had Kazakh-type dishes -- for example, various savory pastries and a breaded-veggie version of shashlik (shishkebabs).

The prices were generally good -- I would say moderate for the area, but most visitors will be pleased, I think, with the cost-quality ratio.

The staff was nice, and they had a little bit of English, even -- definitely more than enough to get by in ordering! The place had other visitors every time I was there, but was far from busy, so you will have zero problem ordering quickly and eating in peace. (Though let's get them some more business! :) )

The only thing I would advise against are the vegan dessert options -- sadly limited to dessert balls, several of the date power-bar variety, all of which I found unexciting and expensive compared to the other food. They had many vegetarian desserts, and numerous seemingly vegan main dishes (they did seem aware what was what), so one thing I would hope from them is to expand their vegan dessert options.

Pros: Tasty, Range of options, including Kazakh, Quick, efficient, peaceful dining room

Cons: Vegan dessert options lacking

This is a wonderful place. The staff were very help and the food was good. The style is buffet and they have a lot of pastry items.

There are plenty of vegan options.

Pros: Nice staff, Good food and good options

Return to Karagandy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rada & K closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.