CLOSED: Rad Dog!

Contact 614-784-2253

Broad and High, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43206

Vegan hot dog cart. Approximately $3-$7. Serving Tofurkey hot dogs and sausages, as well as locally made Luna Burgers. Gluten free/soy free options and Pattycake Bakery treats. Location varies, see website for more information. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food

First Review by k_drop

Vegan Street Food! - Edit

This small cart appears around Columbus at special events and is often in front of Pattycake Bakery. You can get tofurkey hot dogs, chili dogs, and Luna Burgers (Columbus-based vegan burger company). There is almost always a line to get food, but it moves quickly. You can choose toppings like onions, salsa, vegan cheese, chili, etc. I believe the buns are whole wheat (they appear to be, anyway). I don't eat here often, but a little bit of street food every now and then can be extremely satisfying.

Pros: cheap

If only there were more... - Edit

vegan street vendors, that is! Seriously, this is awesome. Todd (aka "Mr. Rad Dog") is very personable and not serves up some awesome vegan dogs, but recycles and composts as well. The selection is not huge, but then again, it's a tiny little hot dog cart! Fans of the tattooed/hardcore-loving vegan subculture will love this vendor as well.

Be sure to check his blog for details on where and when, lest you show up at the wrong place, however. The cart also features some cookies from Pattycake Bakery and a small selection of vegan beverages.

The food is your typical Tofurky sausages and hot dogs, but with excellent toppings (recently including Daiya cheese too). Such a great alternative to the meat-laden fare surrounding Columbus' downtown otherwise.

Pros: all vegan!, tofurky, green

Hot diggity dog! - Edit

Had the Cowabunga for lunch yesterday, then had to seek Rad Dog out for an Italian Sausage this evening! I don't have hot dogs very often, but Rad Dog has me wanting one every day! The Cowabunga comes with an amazing chili [I repeat--AMAZING], and topped with salsa--not too spicy. Just delicious! This evening I had the Italian Sausage with peppers, onions, relish and mustard...I think this has become an instant winner in my book!
So nice to have some fun vegan food in Columbus! The owner is delightful--nice and friendly!
When you see Rad Dog, try it out, you'll be well pleased!

Pros: yummy, quick, fun

Cons: I don't work downtown/by lunch location, --, --

My vegan prayers have been answered! - Edit

I'm in heaven now that I can get a vegan hot dog from a street vendor in Columbus. Everything I've had has been great. Not sure what I like more--the cowabunga or the rad dog. The chili on the cowabunga is to die for. It's the best chili in Columbus. Of course you can't go wrong with sauerkraut and a beer brat (the rad dog). Check out Rad Dog's website and track him down. You'll absolutely love it.

Pros: Organic, Delicious, Fun

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rad Dog! closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 445 times since Jul 2008.