Quinoa Bar Vegetaria

Contact 931129326

Travessera de Gracia 203, Barcelona, Spain, 08012

A dog-friendly vegetarian cafe and bar opened by an Italian, since Aug 2013. Offers a variety of food: salads, soups, gazpacho, sandwiches, veggie burgers, tofu and seitan sausages. The beverage list includes fresh juices, smoothies, tea, coffee, organic beer, wine, and cocktails. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by elispiral

Cosy nice place! - Edit

The place is really small but cosy :) they offer a lot of vegetarian food probably half of it is vegan! They also offer baked goods! Had the quinoa salad which tasted really good but it was a bit expensive for the size of the portion

the best vegan sandwiches - Edit

All vegan food is amazing and the juices as well... omg... love love love. The restaurant is super cute, small but cozy. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Pros: lots of delicious vegan options, take away option, cheap

Cons: small, busy

cute little place! - Edit

The kitchen is smaller than my desk at work but they make really nice burgers and sausages, also sandwiches and salads - we went there for lunch - ordered a salad, tsaziki, hotdog and sandwich and it was enough to fill us up. All of this costed 27eur but they have deals for morning and nights.

The service is very good and we really enjoyed the food here.

Very good vegan food and smoothies! - Edit

I loved this place, the food was delicious and it was very easy for a vegan to order anything. I wish it was completely vegan though, so there would be more options for vegans.. I learned from there to enjoy hummus with raw carrots and cucumbers on the side and now I always eat it like this. The sandwiches we had were the best we ever had. The staff was very nice and I truly liked this place.

Great find - Edit

Nice place and atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff. The zucchini pasta with pesto was one of the best meals I've had in my life! Recommend! Had a sandwich as well which was more on the junk food side with vegan sausage in it - also very tasty! :)

lovely place!!!!! - Edit

amazing desserts- all vegan!!!
lots of great vegan options !
lovely atmosphere and a joy to eat there!
definitely worth a visit. friendly staff and good music ! they also gave us a free tote bag with meat is murder on it which was amazing! love it !

So delicious! - Edit

Had lunch here on a day trip in Gràcia, highly recommend the quiche and banana bread, i also had the vegan nacho chips/guac and veggie burger of the day, which were amazing too! Reasonably priced and very cool decor.

Great selection, tasty food - Edit

Lots of vegan options - half of all sandwiches including a great vegan hotdog. Also had vegan quiche which was really tasty! Prices are good.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: Lack of seating

Tasty food! - Edit

Small seating area, was full the first time we tried to go. At first glance the menu looked uninspiring (sandwiches etc) but when you look more closely there's a lot of unusual stuff, and lots of variety, like 3 different quiches, 2 kinds of veggie burger etc. Everything was good and the vegan banana chocolate cake was fantastic.

Cons: Not much seating

A Very Special Find in Gracia - Edit

Amazing find in an amazing part of the city north of Diagonal. This place was an instant pleasure at first sight. You can sit at the bar on nice high stools or go to the back and sit in a more cosy spot. The food is perfect in the way of burgers, sandwiches, paninis, quiches, salads, hummus and mezza platters as well as delicious vegan cakes and pastries. It's run with passion and you are made to feel welcome. The soya chai lattes are sublime, worth the effort alone. The first time we visited was just after eating at the vegan pizza place nearby so only had some carrot cake and tea but it was the best carrot cake and tea on the planet at the time. Or at least we thought it was. Since then we've been back twice more for fantastic lunch experiences. Quinoa will always be trending at the top end of my Barcelona vegan hit list

Pros: great location, very friendly, good choice

Cons: limited seating

simply superb - Edit

It's hard to put into words why this place is so special, it just is. The eating area is small but we've always been lucky enough to get a seat. The individual decor is fresh and the atmosphere makes for a chilled experience. The food is a high quality of bar snacks which are freshly prepared in view at the bottom of the bar. Always good to see the meat is murder 'grafitti' artfully and subtly displayed on the walls, it's a nice reminder of the legendary veggie musician Morrissey and of course the message is so very true. We were told that they are opening a second branch, Barcelona seems to be spoilt for choice for great vegetarian eateries but there is always room for another first rate place like Quinoa.

Pros: great vegan choice, high quality fresh food/snacks

Another great find in the Gracia neighbourhood. - Edit

Small on space but big on very delicious vegetarian and vegan food. Fabulous carrot cake and juices. Friendly, cosy and highly recommended.

Pros: Great service, Great food, Good value

Nice staff, fantastic food - Edit

The restaurant was very cozy and nicely decorated. They offer a wide range of vegan food including sandwiches, vegan burgers with a choice of different patties, salads, tapas and cake. The carrot cake was very tasty! The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Pros: English menu, Variety of craft beer

Best place for sandwiches and juices! - Edit

Small, but super cozy place with nice staff. Great choice of fresh juices, sandwiches are always fresh and delicious! Oh, and desserts are just f*****g amazing (all vegan)!!! One of my fav places in whole Barcelona, definitely worth a try!
Updated from previous review on Friday November 06, 2015

Pros: Nice vibe inside, Friendly staff, Always some new beers to choose

Cons: Place is very small

Small but delightful - Edit

Really enjoyed going here, I was super impressed with the guy that served us doing everything on his own and we didn't have to wait long. I had a great sandwich that i can't stop thinking about. Would definitely go back here.

Pros: good value, great juice , sandwich

Cons: limited seating

Super lovely place - Edit

This cute restaurant is small and lovely.
We had a sandwich and a quiche for lunch, plus a fresh juice.
Everything was delicious and most importantly felt like made with love.
Desserts looked great as well.
Would definitely come back and recommended!
A final note for the WiFi password. Try asking!

Pros: Lovely atmosphere , Soft nice music, Fresh delicious food

Cons: Little space to sit, but not crowded when we visit

OMG - Edit

Me and my boyfriend ate her for lunch, and it was amazing! They have a lot of vegan option:) We had hummus as a starter. Also had the sandwich"verde" best sandwich I have tasted! And had the zucchini salad, that was very good. We are definitely coming back for more!

A must in Gràcia - Edit

I've eaten here several times, and always I love the food, raw zucchini salad is amazing!
You can "veganize" vegetarian salads and sandwiches, just ask to replace dairy products.
Yummy meals, really nice staff, cozy place: I shall go back.

Delicious food at a great price - Edit

My partner and I ate here last week. I had a delicious quinoa burger and she had a really tasty salad bowl with advocado. With fresh juices it was still under 20 Euro. It's a small space but well worth waiting for a seat!

Pros: Delicious food, Excellent value, Friendly staff

Cons: Small space

great sandwiches and dessert - Edit

We got sandwiches to go here. There were about five vegan sandwiches on the menu...all with lots of fresh veggies and spreads like hummus, pesto, and avocado. The brownie was also very good.

While this restaurant is a bit out the way and involves some walking even if taking the metro, it is worth it. Plus, the neighborhood around the restaurant is very nice to walk around...it was not touristy and had lots of little shops and a market.

Pros: sandwiches with takeout option

fresh and good! - Edit

Very cute place with delicious vegan options. Enjoyed the lentil burger and zucchini spaghetti salad that was amazing. Also had a vegan quiche that left nothing to be desired, all fresh and good. Would go back. No credit adds accepted.

My tasty lunch - Edit

We chose this bar because it was on our way that day (there is a veg shop at the same street) and of course because it was on my list "must-eat-here-in-Barcelona" :)
I really enjoyed the meal and staff. Guys are very friendly, they cook everything right in front of your eyes and everything is so fresh and tasty!
I tried "plato combinado" that included salad, quiche with zucchini and hummus and fresh squeezed juice made of pear, lime and apple (hope I remembered it correctly:) That was very good! Muy rico!
Of course as it mentioned below the place is veeeery small, I'd say tiny! But hope they will grow and extend their bar into a big bar restaurant!

Pros: Meal, Staff

Cons: Tiny

cozy and delicious - Edit

We had to wait more than one hour outside because it is very small and it gets full easily, but it was well worth it. The food is simple fresh and delicious, you can tell they put a lot of time and efford in preparing every dish. We had vegan quiches made of potatoes, eggplant and zucchini. They go with a side salad. All very delicious and pleasant. After that I had a sandwich that was also very good. Not greasy, fresh and well balanced. Next time I will try the vegan burger; they say it's one of the best burgers you can get in town :)

It is a very suitable place for a date with your partner.

Pros: Quality fresh food at a reasonable price, vegan variety, Friendly and dedicate host

Cons: you may have to wait a little, or a lot, you can not make a reservation, it's not entirely vegan

My Barcelona's favorite - Edit

Against all odds, this small veggie bar becomes our favorite place in Barcelona. The place is small but has a pleasant atmosphere. You feel good when you're in! The staff is friendly and will prepare you really good dishes and juices. There are plenty of vegan options.

We had lunch and took the guacamole, two fresh juices, a vegan hot dog, a tomato-smoked vegan mozzarella-basil sandwich, an amazing raw zuchini salad (try it!), a cookie served with a chocolate ice cream, a wonderful coco-banana cake and two vegan cappuccinos. It was definitely our best experience in Barcelona. Food is really tasty and well presented. Moreover, every dessert is vegan and they had croissants!

Pros: excellent food, inexpensive, fresh products, friendly staff, small but cozy place

A great surprise! - Edit

We had lunch here, salad, quiche and dessert + lemonade. The place is small but cosy, so you might have to wait to get seated. You will be rewarded though. The guys who run the place are very friendly and attentive, and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere with reggae playing in the background. The food was great, colourful, fresh and super tasty, and the vegan crema catalana we had for dessert was a total knock-out. We highly recommend this very affordable place.

scrumptious food made by motivated staff - Edit

This is a small space with great vibes and delicious food. Everything we had was amazing and I enjoyed watching the preparation of dishes for other clients -the staff obviously enjoy their work. My quinoa and lentil burger was great with delicious sauce and nice potato sticks. My husband also enjoyed his choice. All the desserts were vegan. We had a brownie and a coconut carrot cake - both wonderful. Lots of vegan choices, nice juices, lovely presentation. In the Gracia neighborhood, an untouristy location with many interesting shops. We walked from park guell.

Pros: great vegan options, great staff, nice neighborhood

Cons: small, though we got a table easily

Excellent! We love it! - Edit

We usually go there for breakfast, dinner and lunch. The food is just incredible. You can feel a well-cooked and original-flavour food. There you can find an extense paninis-juices-desserts menu, and also interesting beer options. My favourite ones are antipasti, smoked sandwich and the chocolate cake, with the fresh-juice of the day! (all together at around 13€ which is undoable in Barcelona!) The two guys that run it are attentive, friendly and with nice vibe. The bar is small and cozy. We wish they get bigger soon!!!

Pros: High fresh-food quality , Fun eating, Price

Loved it-You must go! - Edit

We found this little, cozy spot on line. It is in another charming neighborhood of Barcelona. The young man was running an amazing one man show and took fantastic care of us and also spoke English pretty well. There was quite a varied menu to choose from and we all ordered different dishes plus 2 appetizers. Each meal was delicious. My husband and son also enjoyed Organic beer. We had 2 desserts and a couple of fruit smoothies which were out of this world-we were quite full by the time we rolled out of there. Highly recommended!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 18, 2014

Cons: Do not take credit cards.

New and cozy - Edit

This a new bar located in Gràcia. They serve hot and cold drinks, juices, smoothies, sandwiches, burguers and sweet treats.

Many vegan options in the menu. We enjoyed two delicious sandwiches and iced tea. Recommended!

Update: there are many new dishes in the menu, mostly vegan!

Pros: Friendly staff, Vibe, Taste

Cons: Small

My favorite! - Edit

I just love this place for their excellent food, daily specials, and friendly Italian owner. He will point you in the direction of the vegan options and always has amazing and interesting things to offer!

Pros: atmosphere, friendly staff, awesome food!

Our favourite, to recommend - Edit

Absolutely our favourite discover in our holiday in Barcelona! Absolutely excellent! The quite italian guy makes everything fresh at the moment, it is a pleasure to wait a little for enjoying his food. He makes raw food too, great! We recommend it for sure.

Pros: fresh , excellent, vegan and raw options

Small place, excellent food and drinks - Edit

Quinoa is a relatively new place, opened by a very friendly guy (didn't get his name unfortunately) who runs the place. It's a small cafe, with a bar and no more than 3 tables, but the service is excellent, with a personal touch. The food is nothing short of amazing with plenty of vegan options, including salads, sandwiches, and vegan croissants and cupcakes. Highly worth a visit if you're in the area.

Pros: Amazing food, Great service, Very accomodating

Cons: Slightly small place

great little place - Edit

Small place in a cool part of town. The proprietor is friendly and the food great. Inexpensive small but varied menu. Vegan and lacto veg options....GREAT.

Pros: Cheap, Friendly, Delicious

Cons: hard to think of one.

Lovely place - Edit

One of the best places in Barcelona for vegetarians or vegans!!! I highly recommend this place for breakfast, lunch break and dinner. It's in the cool neighborhood of Gràcia.
I loved it!!!

Pros: tasty and healthy food, comfortable and excellent service , good value

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Quinoa Bar Vegetaria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12033 times.