Quesadilla La Reina Del Sur - Rogers Park

Contact 773-381-8011

1418 W Howard St, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60626

The second location this vegetarian restaurant in Chicago. Food can be made vegan if you choose the vegan cheese. Located in the Rogers Park area. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Mexican

First Review by happycowgirl

Typical Mexican Fare--But Veg - Edit

I tried this place on a Sunday evening, and it was pretty quiet, in a comfortable way. I had the "steak" enchiladas, but I can't provide a comparison to the real steak version because I don't think I've ever had steak. I can say, however, that they were very satisfying and basically a vegetarian version of the way the dish is usually served in neighborhood Mexican restaurants around Chicago. In general, that describes the sort of thing found on the menu, with the addition of a large selection of smoothies. Most of the dishes included fake meats, especially soy-based ones. I was a little curious about why these were used in dishes that are often, even if not always, offered in a vegetarian version at non-vegetarian restaurants. For example, why not a bean or cheese enchilada? But, as I said, I liked the results in what I ordered, so perhaps they have their reasons. The prices were very reasonable, and the restaurant is cash-only, so come prepared.

Pros: Tasty food, Good prices

Cons: Cash only

Highest Recommendation - Edit

This place is a vegan paradise. The staff is so helpful and friendly. The juice and smoothie menu will blow you away.. cactus, papaya, mango. I highly recommend the "La Bomba" smoothie. The vegan tamale is only $2 and is huge and oh so delicious. The flauntas are heavenly. You cannot go wrong at this place. Go here!!

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Quesadilla La Reina Del Sur - Rogers Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.