CLOSED: Quenna's Raw and Vegan

Contact 757-714-2396

9619 Granby St (at Ocean View Ave), Norfolk, Virginia, USA, 23503

Offers all raw food and special beverages, and the menu varies from week to week. New location since May 2010. JAN 2013 closed due to death in family.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by kgriffithg

Raw Seduction - Edit

A friend has been raving about Quenna's for a few months now so I was happy to finally get the opportunity to dine there. It was VERY easy to find (If you are spacially challenged and many of us are, then google the address! Voila! ).... Upon walking into the tastefully swanky and ecclectic room you get an immediate feeling of welcome not only from the relaxing vibe of the room, but especially from the genuinely friendly staff as well. It is a casual experience as you order your food from the counter whether you are dining-in or doing carry-out! You can choose to sit in the comfy 'lounge' area just inside of the door to view the menu before going to the counter to order, or if you're dining-in, choose your table and view the menu before going to the counter to order. I ordered the Olemax entree and was very pleased! My nigori wrap was delicious and fresh, and it's bed of greens, tomatoes, cucumber, shredded carrots and beets were equally as enticing with the sesame dressing and exotic 'tomato sauce' (it's name did not do the flavors justice as it was much more exotic than a plain t. sauce. We could not figure out the seasonings, but it was delish!) The seasoned avacado was fantastic, and obviously very fresh! I find that it is not usual that anything made from avacado is reliably delicious, but I thoroughly enjoyed Quenna's seasonings! All four of us at our table raved about our selections and all four got more than an ample amount of food. I can eat a large meal and I could almost finish all of my meal. Another plus about the atmosphere was the fantastic sound system that pipes incredibly relaxing and upbeat music. Thank you Quenna and staff for a refreshing dining experience that was incredibly healthy and relaxing, as well ! We will be back!

Carnivore converted!! - Edit

My husband and I were travelling through Norfolk, VA while on vacation. I have been in pursuit of some raw, vegan fare as I am considering converting. We decided to try Quenna's as I read a ton of great reviews. My husband sighed and said he would rather eat at Culvers or somewhere that serves meat. Nevertheless I won the battle and sooooo happy I did. I had the Avacado sandwhich and blueberry solar. Hubs had the Olamex burger and couldn't stop raving about it. The presentation was amazing and portion size huge!! Thanks Quenna's, pretty sure you have added a few years to our lives ;)

Pros: Huge portions, Amazing flavour, Uber healthy

Cons: Styrofoam/plastic take-out packaging

Really Good Vegan Food - Edit

I've been to Quenna's a few times now. The food has always been outstanding except for one time when I got take out and there was way too much avacodo on my pita. I don't think they're completely raw but it's mostly raw. I'm more of a junk food vegan so I didn't have high expectations of the place but it's actually really good. I've had the tofu wrap and the kush wrap. I also tried the banana split. I can't wait to go back because I love their food.
Now, the cons. The food is all prepared fresh so it's very slow service. I've waited upwards to an hour for my meal to arrive each time. It was well worth it though. Plus, supporting one of the few all-vegan establishments makes it worth it too.
They do decide to just close up sometimes, so be sure to call before you go to make sure they're open. I don't think it's good for their business to do that, but they're loyal customers will stop coming.

Pros: Delicious, Nutritious, Vegan

Cons: Slow Service, Closed when Supposed to be Open

Avocado Sandwich - Edit

I am inspired to become vegan. So last night I went to Quenna raw and vegan. As we were going in a lady recommended the Avocado sandwich which i was looking at anyway. I took it to go! take out took about 10 minutes. The Avocado sandwich was beautiful! I am sorry I did not take a picture. It was like a work of art. The whole to go box was filled with food. very large portion. The sandwich was out of this world! It was so delicious, flavorful and filling. Better than any sandwich (even non-vegetarian) that I have ever tasted. Even my husband could not resist trying it. He was soooo impressed. He hates salads and does not love avocado like I do but he loved this sandwich and said this was the vest avocado he tasted. As you can imagine we will be back. The price is little high for our budget but it is priced right for the quality and taste. Thanks for a great first time vegan experience!

THE BEST!! - Edit

I've never experienced such amazing food before. Best meal I've ever had that I didn't make. Lol. Was closing for lunch and still let us in. So patient and helpful too. I'll be going there for as long as they remain open; which I hope will be a very long time.

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Menu

Cons: Sort of a long drive to get to. But, worth it

YUMMMMM!!!! - Edit

I HAVE EATEN HERE ABOUT 4 TIMES AND EVERYTIME HAS BEEN EXCELLENT FOOD FRESH AND NEATLY PUT TOGETHER.I VERY MUCH RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR ANYONE EVEN IF YOUR NOT VEGAN ( AND i AM NOT VEGAN)LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!

Pros: GREAT FOOD , GREAT ATMOSPHERE , WONDERFUL SERVICE

Cons: LIMITED SPACE WHEN BUSY

worth waiting for - Edit

My husband and I would go out of our way for avocado sandwiches at Quenna's old location above the health food store on Colley Ave. Since the move to Ocean View, we have been delighted by the ambiance and friendly service. However, I can't help mentioning the problem with the long wait. Every Olamex and Avocado sandwich is prepared with such care and beautiful presentation that it ALMOST compensates for the many times when we have had to give up and eat elsewhere. The food is fresh and delicious, if you have time to wait for them to harvest the veggies.

Pros: delicious flavors, fresh produce, lovely presentation

Cons: slow, slow, slow

Great! - Edit

Really delicious! Went there for the first time recently and got an avocado sandwich. With beets! Apparently the menu changes weekly, which is exciting. I'll definitely be going back.

Service wasn't great (I was the only one in there for the majority of my meal but my water never got refilled - even after the server asked if I wanted more) but I'm not picky about that. Might be an issue for others though.

Pros: Creative menu items

Quenna's is amazing - Edit

Her food is so beautiful that she routinely converts my non-veg friends/mom, especially with the avocado tomatoes. I love the cashew wrap the most, but everything is pretty awesome. Who know I loved beets? ITA that this food makes you feel good and clean inside.

Note - it is MANDATORY to call in your order 30-45 minutes ahead of time, even if you plan to eat in.

Pros: food, friendly staff, wifi

Excllent Raw Food - Edit

My husband and I really enjoy discovering this restaurant. We've tried the Nile Garden Salad, the Cashew Logs/Lettuce wraps (our favorite), Carrot-Apple Juice, and a couple other things I can't remember the names of. But it was all delicious. The prices seems high but the portions are very large and we feel amazing for the next 24 hours after eating here (a major feat for those with Celiac!). Our only issue with Quenna's is how slow it is - you really can't just pop in and out real quick.

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Excellent food, Gluten-free options

Cons: Slow service

Great place for raw food - Edit

Great meal, excellent food. It is hard to find a place that serves raw food and that is this good. Cute space.
On the down side, the food and drinks were slow in coming.

Pros: Food quality, Healthy Cuisine, All vegan

Cons: Slow service

amazing - Edit

the think the title says it all.. this place is amazing!
dont go in a hurry but do come hungry! it does take a while to prepare the food but it is WELL worth it.. i wanted one of everything while looking at the menu that changes weekly I believe.. i had dessert which was a special treat for me since at most restaurants i go to i have to skip dessert (I never find places that have vegan desserts!)
I went to this place while on a business trip and i will make every effort to get back to this place every time im in town! everything tasted so fresh! it was as if they picked the fruits and veggies from the vines as i was ordering!

Fantastic Find - Edit

My husband and I absolutely loved this place! The food was fantastic. The portions were huge, we could have easily shared a meal. They really put so much care into the food they prepare. They really know how to prepare fresh/raw vegetables in an amazing way. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. Be sure to get dessert!

Pros: Huge portions. , Fresh!, Kind staff

Great vegan food! - Edit

Bottom line: This place is awesome. My wife and I were passing through Norfolk and found this gem for lunch. I wish there was a place like this near me in Northern VA. The sandwiches they made were awesome, the decor is nice, and the staff was very friendly. We had a tofu pita pocket sandwich, an avocado veggie sandwich, stuffed mushrooms, and a strawberry/banana smoothie for the kids. Everything was delicious, fresh, and well presented. The portions were large - we overordered a bit - veggie sandwiches are typically not that filling, so we ordered the appetizer as well, which was delicious, but not necessary from a food volume perspective. I HIGHLY recommend Quenna's for vegans and vegetarians.

Pros: Great food, Friendly Service, Good portion size

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Quenna's Raw and Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 900 times since May 2010.