Queens Crystal Garden Restaurant

Contact 8951316

146-B Jupiter Street, Makati City (at Makati Ave), Metro Manila, Philippines, 1209

Serves meat, vegan options available. Many vegetarian dishes from India, Indonesia, Singapore, and Asian Fusion. Little English spoken. Vegans must specify clearly.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by erbavore

Its ok, if its really vegetarian - Edit

I have eaten here 6 times in the course of 6 weeks.

1. I don't really know if its vegetarian. Especially the fried food. The waitresses TALK a big game about how all the oils between the veg and non-veg food are separated when frying. Yet, I get this strange feeling and nausea comes over me whenever I eat some of the fried food. Don't get me wrong, I love fried food. Yet I recommend that the true belivers stay away.

2. If you listen to the above, then the only options you really have is the Indian food. This does seem to be all Veg. I know that I'm picky about Indian food since I live in India 6 months of the year, yet this Indian food seems to be wanting for flavor.

After speaking with the cook, and letting him know that I wanted authentic Indian taste, he improved the food tremendously. Speciallized it for my taste buds. That was kind of him.
The Dahl Fry is especially good.

Don't expect courtesy from this restaurant. Its managed by Indians and you get Indian service. The servers are rude except for Maricel. Also, they don't speak English well. Its best you speak with the cook or Maricel, or your special request (ie no butter, cream, milk or ghee) will go ignored) and your partner's nose will suffer

Pros: able to cater 2your taste, Portions

Cons: EXPENSIVE, is it really veggie food, food taste is moderate

Return to Metro Manila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Queens Crystal Garden Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1420 times since Aug 2007.