Queen of Sheba

509-328-3958

621 W Mallon Ave Ste 426, Spokane, Washington, USA, 99201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian cuisine restaurant in Spokane's historic Flour Mill. Owner is knowledgeable and clear about vegan choices. Approx. 2 appetizers, several salads, and the vegetarian dishes are vegan. There is a vegan dessert with coconut cream. Note the sambusas are not vegan. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm.

Categories: Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by J and J

so delicious! - Edit

This is definitely 5 star worthy vegan food!! I try to eat Ethiopian wherever I find it in my travels and this definitely ranks up there. They serve meat but are very vegan friendly. I ordered 3 vegan sides and the salata; the red lentils, alicha and the collard gomen. They have gluten free injera too, which is a huge plus!! The spiced tea is great. The portions stuffed me with leftovers.

Pros: delicious, gluten free injera as an option

Cons: they do serve meat

Give it a try! - Edit

The young man who answered the phone wasn't very forthcoming so we were uncertain, but when we met him in person, he was delightful. He waited on us and was helpful and attentive throughout, and right there with refills of the very good Ethiopian spiced iced tea.

They've created a remarkable amount of ambiance inside of a very small space with just bamboo and some decorations. Really an excellent job.

I was pleased that the bread was made of teff - I have problems with modern wheat. We ordered the vegetarian combo plate for two It didn't seem like it would be enough food, but it was. It was a fast meal for us - that was the only thing we felt bad about - but since we only ordered and entree I'd say that was our own fault.

If we lived there, we'd definitely make a return visit. If you're a tourist and get lost, know this: it's located INSIDE The Flour Mill. It seems obvious to locals, but if you don't know what The Flour Mill is, it's confusing.

Pros: Nice service and atmoshere, Good food, Affordable

Absolutely perfect! - Edit

Almost too amazing to be true: not only is there an Ethiopian restaurant in Spokane, but somehow it is hands down the best Ethiopian food we have had. It beats out places in Houston, New Orleans, Washington D.C., and Germany! The owner, Almaz, is very friendly and helpful. She made personal suggestions and is very knowledgeable about vegan options and variations. We definitely recommend the fried chick pea appetizer, it is incredible, and we've never had anything like it! The veggie dishes are all vegan. The collard greens and the chickpeas were the best of all! The vegan dessert was delicious, as was the Ethiopian coffee. We definitely give this place 5 stars, but are only allowed to give 4, since they serve meat. This is totally a 5 star place, don't even hesitate, check it out!!!

Pros: fried chickpea appetizer, excellent spices, vegan dessert!!!

Return to Spokane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Queen of Sheba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.