CLOSED: Queen Energy

• Veg-friendly

Contact 06-45439517

via di San Basilio 66, Rome, Italy, 00187

Serves meat, vegan options available. A healthy food cafe and juice bar in Rome. Vegan dishes and desserts available. Free Wi-Fi. MAY 2014, REPORTED CLOSED TO HAPPYCOW.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by avg7967

very good juice - Edit

I went here a few months ago and got a fresh orange, carrot, ginger juice. It was really good. They had a few vegan snacks as well available, but I was really just there for the juice!

Pros: excellent juice, friendly staff, good location

Cons: a bit expensive

Nice atmosphere and food, no wifi though - Edit

The cafe has a bright, clean and calm interior and seems like a nice place to spend some time reading or working. Unfortunately when I visited this week their wifi was not working so that was disappointing. I was a little surprised to receive food done in a more 'gourmet' style -- big plate with not so much food. But, the gnocchi I had was actually one of the best ever, super soft and pillowy.

They didn't immediately understand what 'vegan' was, but eventually I did see several food options, along with fresh-squeezed juices.

I would go back with some offline way to spend an afternoon!

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Wifi not working, Smallish portions

Good lunch - Edit

Went early-ish for a Roman lunch - noon - and beat the local business folks who get lunch at 1pm. Not all available food items were out on display yet - more kept coming out from the kitchen as we ate. The friendly counter staff guy told us what was available and made us each a plate with three items: mine was spelt salad, quinoa salad, and hot stir-fired vegetables. This was a welcome change from the non-stop carb-fest of veg lunch options in central Rome - the paninis, pizzas, and pastas. Food was tasty and fresh. Only complaint was the owner, I think, who arrived and kept yelling to his staff in the kitchen, while he stood at the front counter. SWas also told not to order from the menu - what was in the display case was more reliable than the menu. All in all a good lunch, a welcome and fresh-tasting change from the usual Roman fare.

Pros: Great food, good value

Cons: Noisy staff

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Queen Energy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1503 times since Jan 2012.