Quartisan

( 1 review )

23-27 Waring St, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Serves meat, vegan options available. A food market and convenient store with coffee bar and deli counter. Offers healthy breakfast bars, daily prepared salads. A few seats inside. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 8:00am-5:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Buffet, Take-out, Bakery, British, Irish, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by CiaraSlevin

This is how food should be... - Edit

Quartisan is a shop/ deli/ cafe which I've been wanting to try for quite a while. Hence I visited yesterday, Saturday 20 August 2016, for lunch. I was absolutely astonished by how fantastic the food was. It's also great to see some really good vegetarian options on the menu.

I ordered Vegetarian Quiche with a couple of side salads. Flavours were immense and food super-fresh, being cooked on-site by the Chef. It's a long time since I've tasted such great salads. The mixed herb potato salad with overtones of dill and mixed grain and roast vegetable salad were luscious. My dinning companion had the Vegetarian Burger which I sampled and it was devine too.

We were delighted to see tray bakes on sale at Quartisan's deli counter from local vegan bakery Check Out My Buns. We succumbed to an indulgent salted caramel brownie (best I've ever eaten) and a peanut butter, chocolate square.

Coffee was top quality and prices reasonable for such moreish, city-centre fare. In total, 2 lunches, 2 tray bakes, 2 coffees and 2 soft drinks cost £25. Staff were friendly and in particular Feilimi was extremely helpful pointing out the veggie options and answering our questions about ingredients used.

After lunch we sat on for a few hours ordering more coffee, soaking up the relaxed ambience and browsing the gourmet olive oils, preserves and food products for sale. I can't fault this place in anyway. My only wish is that it would be fantastic if Quartisan had an alcohol license, because a cold glass of Pinot Grigio would have complimented our lunch perfectly ;-)

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Quartisan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.