Quan Chay Mai Thao

Contact 0903670799

Ngo 2, Dien Bien Phu Street (at Cach Mang Thang Tam), Tay Ninh, Vietnam,

Vegetarian basic open air restaurant, with many vegan options, is a popular spot among locals. Since located close to the Cao Dai temple, on the second side street (Ngo 2) off of Dien Bien Phu St, it also caters to temple-goers. Hot pot (lau) is specialty. No menu, so vegans need to ask staff for options.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese

First Review by jb73

Amazing! - Edit

Me and my boyfriend have just been eating at this amazing restaurant; it's so worth a visit if you're nearby!

We had a vegetarian soup with tofu, fresh sprouts and other delicious herbs. On the side we chose to try out there different kind of spring-rolls both the fresh, with rice-paper, and the deep-fried; both were so tasteful -especially the sauce! I can honestly say that this place have my heart and that I will return; tomorrow. ;-)

If your looking for great service (the sweetest lady in the world), honest, delicious and simple food with great flavor; this is the place to go!

Enjoy guys!

PS. Notice that google map is not showing the right location. The restaurant is placed between Durong so 103 and Dien Bien Phu; it is though really close to the temple; not that difficult to find.

Pros: Cheap, Nice staff, Delicious food

The locals are always right - Edit

This place was recommended as the best vegetarian restaurant in town, and with good reason. Though very basic, the food was amazing. I went with Vietnamese work colleagues who did the ordering (not sure how I would have ordered if I'd gone on my own apart from pointing). The hot pot (lau) was delicious, the best I've had in Vietnam. And the owner was very gracious, coming by frequently to check if we liked the food and see if she could get us anything. Only outdoor seating, so don't go expecting an air-conditioned indoor restaurant (see pics).

FYI - it's a bit hard to find. Google Maps often don't show an accurate location in Vietnam. It's the second alley (ngo) on the right off of Dien Bien Phu when travelling north from Cach Mang Thang Tam (the street starts opposite the Cao Dai temple entrance). Ask locals for directions to the vegetarian restaurant (quan chay).

Return to Tay Ninh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Quan Chay Mai Thao closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 853 times since Oct 2013.