Pyramid Bistro

Contact 970-925-5338

221 E Main St, Aspen, Colorado, USA, 81611

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes (labeled), including dessert. Uses wholefood and organic produce. Previously named Escape.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ebarneyr

Ate here 3 days in a row - Edit

This place is great and has enough variety for vegans you can eat here mutliple times and never order the same thing twice. The menu clearly labels all the vegan options with a V, and there are LOTS to choose from: vegan salads, vegan soup, hot vegan entrees and multiple vegan desserts.
the service is attentive, the compimentary hot-from-the-oven bread and pesto dipping sauce is delicious (and they'll bring you as much as you want.) It's above a wonderful bookstore too. Patio has mountain views. Love it!

Pros: Delicious healthy food, Lots of options to choose from, Views of the mountains

Cons: I wish they had an almond-base ice cream!

Great Vegan Cuisine! - Edit

Went to Aspen for 1 week with Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritional Research Foundation. We had dinner every night at the Pyramid Bistro and the food was awesome! Chef Martin really knows how to blend spices and flavors to make whole foods taste great. I would highly recommend this recommend this restaurant for all vegan and non vegans!

Pros: Food was fantastic, Service was great

Good tasting food but not worth the price - Edit

This restaurant is located at the back of a bookstore and seemed very much like a high end place. It's a good choice if you don't mind spending a lot of money for your meal and want the restaurant experience. My husband and I just wanted to have a meal at a vegan friendly place after snowboarding for a few hours. For us it was a 3 star experience because the portions were small, food was expensive and there were no appetizing options for a meat eater. The Lemongrass Tofu that I ordered was very delicious, but again, not worth the $15 for that small portion. Staff was friendly and professional. My water got refilled at least 5 times. I'm very thankful for the waiter being so attentive since I was very thirsty after snowboarding. :D

Pros: Delicious food, Professional staff

Cons: Overpriced, Small portions, No appetizing options for meat eaters

Superb - Edit

I was in aspen for 4 days and ate at Pyramid Bistro 3 times if that tells you anything. I am a oil free vegan and this place had perfect options. Great menu and great wines. Even my non veg friends ate the vegan dishes and were all very impressed. I think they finally understood you don't have to sacrifice flavor for health.

Best resturaunt in Aspen - Edit

I love eating here. I grab a book and sit down to a fresh squeezed juice or an Iced Chai. Every season the menu changes but as of right now I love the stuffed poblano for lunch with the lentil and chick pea soup. When I come for dinner I usually have to choose between the Spaghetti Squash over cashew creamed farro risotto or the Quiona Stir Fry. IF I feel like splurging I will get the Coconut Creme Brulee.

Pros: fresh, Healthy, Gluten Free

Great for vegans and for gluten-free diners! - Edit

We celebrated our 28th anniversary at Pyramid Bistro and the food was incredible. The staff were wonderful and attentive, and the restaurant was just beautiful. Everything we ordered was both gluten-free and vegan, so we could share, and it was all delicious. We started with the vegetable spring rolls and potstickers served with drinks including agave lemonade and a coconut lime electrolyte drink. For our main courses we had the crispy flaxseed gnocchi and truffled mushroom gallette, both on a bed of organic vegetables. I had to try their desserts after this, so got the chocolate tart and creme brulée, again both vegan and gluten-free. It was a heavenly meal, and even the customers seemed friendlier than in other restaurants. Afterwards we wandered through the bookstore that is part of the same old house, then took a stroll through the town of Aspen. Thank you Pyramid for a heavenly meal and a wonderful anniversary! I hope I can go back to Aspen just to dine there again. Only reason for 4 instead of 5 cow rating is that I can't score higher for non-vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Lots of gluten-free options, Wonderful staff

New Chef, Great Food Now - Edit

With a new Austrian Chef, Martin Oswald, Pyramid Bistro rivals Millennium in San Francisco for the best vegan in the US in my opinion. Pyramid is now organic with fish and vegan alternatives...even oil free on request.

Pros: Organic, Very healthy, Great flavors

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Return to Aspen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pyramid Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3433 times since Aug 2007.