Pygmalion

• ( 37 reviews )

Nedre Korskirkeallmenningen 4, Bergen, Norway, 5017

Serves meat, vegan options available. A kocafé & Galleri. Bergen organic restaurant and gallery. Small and charming. Changin menu, vegetarian options might include lasagna, lentil burger with hummus, falafel wrap, and salads. Will accommodate special request. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by CLRtraveller

DutchBuddah

Points +29

01 Oct 2019

Sigh

Maybe we caught them on an off night but this place is a bit depressing. There are a few vegan options. I got the veggie burger, I’ve had better and I’ve had worse. Sis had the stir fry and had same thought, Not great, not gross. I wish them the best of luck, but I wouldn’t go back.

AlicePleasance

Points +36

27 Jul 2019

Mediocre

Even though there’s a couple vegan options... I wouldn’t really come again. I had the veggie burger and it wasn’t flavorful at all. It was made out of lentils or grains, but the texture was off, and the only enjoyable part was the side of potato’s. Maybe the wrap would’ve been a better option.

SamanthaMae

Points +34

25 Jul 2019

Decent

My veggie burger was tasty, but that was about maybe 1 of 2 or 3 options on the menu that were vegan. Everything is organic if that’s what you’re concerned with. My omnivore boyfriends portion was very small, would have liked more food considering the prices were pretty steep even for Bergen’s standard.

Pros: Interesting flavors , Organic

Cons: Small portions , Expensive

Tanja

Points +53

09 Jul 2019

Happy that there is a place one can eat as vegan/vegetarian in Bergen

Still the same menu options as mentioned before only lasagne was not available today. So we took the stir fry. Tastes good but portion is small. So afterwards we took desserts, Apple pie and chocolate crêpe. Tasted well.

Pros: More than one menu option, Vegan options, Friendly staff

ThomasEgal

Points +22

07 Jul 2019

Very good!

If you are searching for a restaurant where vegans and omnis can eat than is this a good place.
The Food is very tastful and the service was also perfect!

Pros: There are several vegan options, There is a free tapwater bottle on the counter , The meals are not pricey

Vegandave100

Points +113

05 Jul 2019

Cozy homemade flavors in Bergen

Friendly staff, cozy decor, good location while you are enjoying Bergen and wonderful food that tastes homemade.

We had the veggie burger (veganized version) and it was tasty, filling and healthy. The potatoes were excellent though with plenty of oil. We would definitely come back!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Cozy atmosphere

Cons: No vegan dessert

Andunge

Points +59

11 May 2019

Help I can't stop coming back for the stir fry

This is probably the place where I go out to eat the most here in Bergen, even if they now only have one dish I can eat (after I went gluten free in addition to being vegan). Turns out the stir fry is tasty enough to keep me coming back again and again! I love meeting with friends here to catch up, the atmosphere is very relaxed and cozy.

Pros: Tasty stir fry, Comfortable and cozy, great place for conversation, Great hours for Bergen

Cons: Coffee just ok, No vegan desserts

amy_B3ar

Points +100

03 Jan 2019

Great little cafe with a few vegan options

There was one starter option and two main, a burger and a veggie stir fry. We both enjoyed the burgers that are served with delicious crispy roast potatoes and a garlic pesto dressing. The bean burger is topped with hummus salad and a sweet chilli sauce. Really tasty.

Pros: Tasty burger, Roast potatoes served on the side, Pesto dressing

Katrinoi

Points +252

22 Oct 2018

Very good salad

Had a salad (vegan, not sure if it already was vegan, or if they made it vegan for me, said vegetarian in the menu), with hummus, some kind of falafel/patty, avocado, cashews, onions, bread very tasty!

AnastaciaJanowska

Points +555

12 Oct 2018

Fresh and yummy

I just took a salad which was a complete meal for me: veggie balls, hummus, avocado, veggies...) Yum!
Good service too

MrGimmeThat

Points +44

11 Sep 2018

Nice place offering a decent meal

I had the vegan burger with potato wedges and it was pretty good. The patty itself was a bit dry, but in combination with all the other fresh ingredients that were put on the burger, just fine. The best part were the potatoe wedges with some green pesto and hummus on it.
Place itself is really cozy and even it was quite crowded when I was there I had to wait less than 5 minutes.

franziskaluzia

Points +38

24 Aug 2018

Good rice and veggie dish

We had the veggie burger and the veggie stir fry with rice and cashews. The rice dish was very delicious and filling. When the burger arrived I was a bit concerned about the sauce they served on the fries, the burger wasn’t labeled as vegan but the allergies didn’t say anything about egg or something, when we asked about what kind of sauce it was, she told us it was aioli, so just be careful and maybe ask to leave it out. I just left it on the side but I was a bit disappointed. The actual burger wasn’t that good either( in my opinion) so I would recommend to just go for the veggie stir fry.

Pros: Delicious veggie stir fry

Cons: Aioli with the veggie burger(ask to leave it out)

tobby54

Points +113

05 Mar 2018

Delicious

Had the veggie burger which was very delicious.

VeganAnnaS

Points +2137

10 Sep 2017

Pleasant atmosphere

Close to the harbour this was a handy place for dinner. It is an organic restaurant and although the vegan options weren’t marked on the menu the staff were helpful. We started with olives, which were really good, and had the vegan burger for main. The burger was nice and as other have mentioned before the roasted potatoes that it came with were good.
Overall, pleasant atmosphere but the food was not anything to write home about.

Pros: Helpful staff, Cetral location, Nice atmosphere

mariahelle

Points +47

30 Aug 2017

Yum

I cant believe I have not been here before. Ate a delicious vegetarian lasagna! Highly recommend!

Pros: Cozy environment, romantic, Delicious food

Cons: Few tables

SurbhiVerma

Points +25

18 Jul 2017

Best place for veg and vegen food

We have been here several times and this place never let down us. Here are many veg/ vegen dishes.

karl8704

Points +392

05 Jul 2017

Good options in Bergen

After seeing the reviews here and on other web sites, we decided to give Pygmalion a try. Unlike all of the restaurants along the water, this one was quiet and still had a few tables available when we showed up at 6pm on a Wednesday. The vegetarian salad was very tasty, and the veggie wok stir fry had a nice sweetened soy sauce with it. The veggie lasagna was good but wasn't vegan and had a lot of cheese on it, IMHO. Overall - a good option amongst a sea of mediocrity.

Pros: Off the beaten path, quiet, Good options, Close to the harbor

Cons: A little pricey, but this is Norway

RiekeK

Points +48

06 Aug 2016

Tasty vegan food!

Nice little cafe with vegan options (burger, wrap, Thai wok) which you order and pay at the counter. We both had the Thai wok which was really tasty. The portions were good although some people might say they could be bigger. Definitely a good option in Bergen!

SonjaCPA

Points +5270

27 Jul 2016

few vegan options

We came for dinner on our only night in Bergen. We verified which menu items were vegan and ordered the stir fry and wrap. They were both good, but nothing to write home about. The friendly waitress suggested their vegan brownie for dessert and that definitely was very tasty. Considering the choices in Bergen, we were glad to find a place to eat close to our hotel.

Pros: vegan options , nice staff

Cons: serves meat and dairy

sophiefp

Points +461

19 Jul 2016

Very tasty vegan burger

We ate at a table out on the street. Service was friendly. It's a cafe and you pay when you order. The burgers arrived quickly, were tasty and had gorgeous sauces on the potatoes. The portion size is medium to small. It was lovely to be able to gave a meal out in a country that is beautiful but not great for vegan food.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Norway prices

NinaSol

Points +15

Mostly Veg
28 Apr 2016

cozy café

A cozy cafe with good veg and vegan options. Had the burger and "brownie"/chocolate cake. Would love some more taste in the burger and a not so dry cake.

But all over good

Animotek78

Points +320

28 Jun 2015

Maybe The Best Vegan Option In Bergen

There are 4 vegan dishes. I actually ate there twice. The food is fresh and tasty but very simple . On Sunday it is open.only till 21.30 (9pm) . We came there and the Britsh waiter was unfourtunaly very rude.

jadsonrocha

Points +372

05 Jun 2015

Best option for a vegan in Bergen

It is expensive, but really tasty and filling, so it's Worth the price. The staff was very kind with me.

Swishyskirt

Points +95

05 Jun 2015

A vegan burger in Bergen

Visiting Bergen as a vegan is intimidating. We checked out this cafe on the first day because we were starving. It's a really cute place, cozy and small. I got the burger, my boyfriend got the veggie wrap. They were basically made with the same protein, except one was on a burger and the other was in a wrap.

That said, they were both quite good and the potatoes and sauce served on the side were delicious. The price, even being from notoriously overpriced NYC, gave us a heart attack (worked out to about $20 each for a burger/wrap), but that's Norway for you. Things are crazy expensive here.

We had some tea and coffee afterwards and it was a nice place to hang out for the afternoon, but if you're watching your budget, I'd recommend just going to the local health food store, buying some bread and fake meat and making your own vegan sandwich for lunch to save some money!

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Cozy place

Cons: Expensive (all of Bergen is, though), Not a lot of food

yass lass

Points +20

05 Sep 2014

OK

The supposedly 'juicy' veggie burger was awful - looked and tasted as if it had been sitting around for three days - hard as a rock, and tasted of cardboard.

The only redeeming feature was that my daughter very much liked her chicken burger (she's a non vego).

Won't be going back during our stay in Bergen, and especially not, given the high end prices for low grade food.

Fortunately we have booked an apartment with full kitchen facilities, so will be checking out the local health food shops for vegan products, and cooking for ourselves.

Marga Delila

Points +172

27 Aug 2014

A good option

Not many places in Bergen offer Veg/Vegan options. It's also organic. The place is not great but it's cozy. It's expensive but the food is good and the place is clean. Recommended.

Pros: Options

Cons: Price

jwpuma

Points +38

05 Jul 2014

Very Good Considering Where It Is

My wife and I ate here last night. Being in Bergen, we knew we would struggle to find good restaurants. Pygmalion turned out to be pretty good. We split the 2 vegan items on the menu, a veggie burger and an Asian stir-fry. Both were very good and quite flavorful. The service seemed a bit slow, but not a big deal if your expectations aren't too high. The only drawback was that one waitress had a boyfriend there who was a customer, and she frequently went over to him hugged and kissed him. It was a bit strange, but moved over to the "gross" category when she ran her fingers through his hair then served food without washing her hands.

Pros: Good vegan food

Cons: Odd and gross staff behavior

Return to Bergen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pygmalion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.