First Review by Januarygirl

By far the vegan friendliest option in Dordrecht - Edit

Puur is a completely vegetarian place with alot of vegan options. From what i remember theyve got at least one vegan sandwich, two daily salads which are always vegan and an apple pie, pecan pie and carrot muffins. I tried one of the salads (which was delicious) with quinoa, rocket, cucumber, pine nuts and tomatoes but she altered the dish a little and used apple instead of tomatoes because my boyfriend mentioned I don't like raw tomatoes. We also shared one slice of the pecan pie which also was delicious.
Everything they serve is glutenfree and some sugarfree and my salad and my boyfriends vegetarian sandwich were prepared fresh on the spot. Definitely going to eat there again!
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 03, 2014

Edit: One of the previous owners opened her own vegan restaurant / Bed & breakfast called ''Daantje kookt vega''. I havent visited Puur ever since, but maybe thats why the options now are a bit disappointing.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-18

Pros: Sugarfree options, Alot of vegan options, Nice owner

Not so vegan. - Edit

Although they claim to have "extended options" for vegans, it was quite disappointing. If you want lunch, you can only choose from a hamburger or a sandwich tapenade. They had (when we were there, so hopefully not always) only cow's milk for the coffee and cappucino.
Another customer asked if there were gluten and sugar in muffins and the clerk did not know.
The interior is ok, could be slightly cleaner, the window-bench was pretty dirty and it was very cold inside.

Pros: good food

Cons: very few vegan options

Good food, but too expensive for the amount served - Edit

The food here is good and the staff are very friendly. Especially the bakes are lovely.
Unfortunately the balance of price and portion size is off by some margin. I would expect a €5 lunch to be fairly fulfilling, but it was not nearly enough.

Pros: Tasty vegetarian food

Cons: Portions too small

Go to see the toilet :-) - Edit

Nice place, almost the same as Beatnik before. I think 25% of what they offer is vegan. The lentil burger tasted good, the apple/rhubarb pie was great. The menu does not have a lot of suprises but the taste is good and the people friendly.
The toilet is funny (look above).

Pros: apple pie, friendly people, Alice in Wonderland toilet!

Cons: limited choice for vegans

not so great - Edit

I went to this place for lunch after reading the positive review below.
I was disappointed.

Positive points:
Friendly staff.
The cauliflower soup was good.
There's a poster about their cheese, which is biological and vegetarian cheese.

but... I ordered a sandwich too, because only soup (with a slice of toasted bread with butter (oops, not so vegan, but I have to admit that I didn't mention clearly that I eat vegan) is not enough for me.

The sandwich was small. The humus was not really good.
So, almost 10 euro's for a lunch not satisfying (still hungry afterwards).

My friend found the pesto on her mozzarella cheese sandwich tasting quite weird.

Another thing that bothered me: the menu was only on a chalk board at the wall, without prices.

There were no salads on the menu.

The bread was normal bread (nothing gluten free, not that I need this, but just for your information).

I would only recommend this vegetarians with a tiny stomach.

Pros: friendly staff, cozy atmosphere, food ok

Cons: small portions, few choices, prices not listed

Return to Dordrecht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Puur Dordrecht closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.