Puspamalar Food Corner

Contact 012-4480822

338, Jalan Jelutong, 11600, Jelutong, Penang, Malaysia,

Family run veggie food restaurant. Vegetarian food ranging from Indian, Chinese, Western as well as cakes and pastries. Previously located at Jalan Bagan Serai, July 2014. Open Mon 11:00am-11:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Indian, Fast food, Malaysian

First Review by Lonman

Hot, hot, chilly hot! - Edit

I had trouble finding because maps in my iPhone led me to different place; but Waze also led me to a different place, but some bystanders pointed me to the direction. This humble restaurant is opposite a children's playground.

Self-service, cafeteria style, white plain rice, I piled on the veggies, soy protein chicken & 2 curries with potatoes. The kulfi (Indian ice-cream was unavailable till 6:30 pm. Being 3:30pm I was the only customer. The curries were hot; the veggies were loaded with fresh chillies--also really hot. The "Ayer Suam" soothed my burning mouth, throat & tongue.

Price was only RM6.30--USD1.80--really reasonable rate for such spicy wonderful food. Will I return? Yes & Yes!

Pros: Ready to eat, no waiting, Tasty & very spicy, Bright green leafy veggies!

Cons: Excess hot chillies, Hard to find with maps or Waze., No Indian icecream till later.

Be patient - Edit

it is a family run restaurant. Service could be poor and not friendly Food is consider Ok but beware when paying the bills. Many times, they tend to charge 10-50 cents extra from the published list.

Pros: variety

Cons: not friendly

Return to Penang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Puspamalar Food Corner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2577 times since Aug 2007.