Purple Mountain Natural Market

• Health-food-store Health Store
    ( 1 review )
706-232-2706

308 E 6th Ave, Rome, Georgia, USA, 30161

Natural products store stocking vegetarian products, gluten-free, organic produce, and more. Previously at 504 E First Ave and named Purple Mountain Natural Foods. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-5:00pm.

1 Review

First Review by rileypsych

Good resource for veg living - Edit

I have lived in Rome for about 8 years, but only been a vegetarian for a couple of months now. Purple Mountain just moved to a new location that is much more convenient and visible. They have lots of healthy lifestyle products, cleaning products, cosmetics, etc. There are many items available in the "bulk" bins. There is a refrigerated case for holding drinks and a few perishable items. They didn't have any milk-replacement items as I thought they would--such as "so delicious" cashew / coconut ice creams, cheese substitutes, tofurky. I don't think I saw one veggie burger in the joint.

They have a good selection of snacks, grains such as "bob's red mill," cereals, and rice / meal mixes in boxes. There was a little basket in the refrigerated case that had one piece of ginger, and a couple other vegetables, but that was "it." I guess if they had more business then they could afford to stock fresh/perishable items. Maybe they will expand their offerings, if business improved due to their better location. I hope so. :) Overall I'm happy this place is in Rome.

Pros: Location, bulk item selection, friendly staff

Cons: limited produce, limited dairy alternatives (esp fresh), no prepared food / take away

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Purple Mountain Natural Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.