First Review by earthville

very tasty! - Edit

Very very tasty! Every day many kinds of variants and absolutely delicios dezerts!

Pros: great food!, many options to choose and buy other things in qua, good place in summer with garden

Cons: small for lunch time, just few tables

good food - Edit

Have eaten here on several occasions and can highly recommend the bagels!
Lunch is a hit and miss (lasagne is amazing, wrap so so) and a bit pricey for Prague standards.
Still highly recommendable for vegan food!

Some work needs to be put into the barista skills however, as the milk in the coffee was a bit burned.

Pros: location, bagels

Cons: coffee, not budget

Delicious sweets and good chocolate - Edit

We tried there chia pudding and chocolate-raspberry cheesecake. Cheesecake was just amazingly good! I expected chia pudding to be sweeter though. Coconut topping tasted rather like sourcream. It was pretty tasty anyway and I enjoyed it quite much.

Veganz chocolate they sell is also pretty good. Be aware that oranges in rice milk chocolate with almonds and oranges will be sticking to your teeth.

Pros: Delicious, Lots of chocolate, Outdoor terrace

Cons: A bit narrow interiour

disappointment - Edit

I wish I could give no star. Today morning I was gonna have breakfast at Puro, I checked the web page for the schedule and it said they opened at nine, there was even a menu for today, but to my surprise when I arrived to the place at about 10.30 the restaurant was still closed. Without previous notice on their web. I was disappointed and went elswhere.

Cons: Closed without notice

One of the best places in Prague - Edit

I absolutely love Puro and would recommend it to anyone visiting Prague. First of all, it stocks some great vegan food to buy, including Field Roast and Tofurkey products, B12 vitamins, chocolate spread, Cliff and Nakd bars, some good chocolate and ice creams.

And secondly, the food in the cafe is lovely. In the summer there was an ice cream station outside where you could choose a combination of fruit/nuts to blend into the ice cream. The regular features on the menu are bagels and raw sushi (delicious!), and there are daily specials too. The raw spring rolls in the summer were delicious, and everything else I've tried has been lovely. There are lots of sweet treats on the counter as well, though I've resisted so far. The staff are really lovely too.

Pros: Great staff, Lovely fresh food, Well-stocked shop

Great bagels - Edit

Cosy place with friendly staff. I had both the chia pudding and the toasted bagels. Super tasty! Also, they sell Cliff Bars and other vegan bars/items, which is a nice touch. Went back twice!

Nice raw vegan place - Edit

Puro is nice place with raw vegan/vegan lunch menu and few selection of desserts too. I have tried raw vegan pizza slice but since I love exploring raw vegan places and also experimenting at home I didnt find it any special. I also love food styling and I can't say that what I have got on a plate was very attractive but the taste was fine. The only reason I would come here again is an option to buy vegan ice cream because it was quite problem in Prague.

quite interesting - Edit

nice and small place, more expensive than average in the city (not so much)

food looks promising but acutally tasty just sometimes - sometimes it's too dry and tasteless

excellent ice-cream and chocolate

free wifi and good service (better than average in the city)

My favourite vegan place in Prague - Edit

I live in Prague, so I went through a lot of vegan restaurants, shops, fast foods etc.
Puro is my favourite because of how homey it is, the people there are super nice and friendly, they serve raw food options, normal vegan foods and foods using the products they actually sell in the shop - to demonstrate how well they can be used. Also, their desserts are to die for and you always leave with full bags of groceries.
They sell fresh coconuts, cliff bars and many other vegan (and some even raw) bars, large variety of organic teas, smoothies, morning muesly mixes, herb powders (to add in smoothies etc.), vegan ice cream, many many vegan meats (even bacon and shrimp), sausages, cheeses, cheese spreads, mayo, butter, vegan and nut milks, coconut yogurt, vegan chocolate... I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember.
Simply said, I love this place. Always happy to go there.

Not that great - Edit

According to the reviews below, we had great expectations about puro.
Unfortunatly, we weren't satisfied because puro serves a lot of instant food.
Although the burgers tasted really good. They were served with potatoe wedges, which were dry and not tasteful.

All in all it was a good meal, but we expected handmade food, so we were disappointed.

Really good food, and great service - Edit

If you are in Prague, this is the place to go. Puro has a nice selection of vegan foods for purchase, even delicious ice creams and Beyond chicken. They also serve really nice food, you can choose from a number of dishes. I chose the bacon cheeseburger. It was delicious, the potatoes were crisp and nicely cooked, and the bbq-sauce was out of this world. Me and my brother talked about it for days! LOVED it!
And the service is great too! Prague is NOT known for it's customer service, but at Puro you get service like the queen.
Go there and experience this amazing and cosy little shop for yourself. :)

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great selection of vegan groceries

You have to visit this place in Prague! - Edit

Lot's of vegan products/snacks and yummy vegan food. The burger was delicious. Super friendly staff. I really recommend this place.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Pros: Service, Food, Vegan products

Convenient vegan eatery - Edit

As of now, one has two options for a soup and two options for the main course in the daily menu. There are also salads, wraps, raw cakes etc. The restaurant is rather small (4-5 tables), but meals are very good. Prices are moderate, Menu I (salad + main course) costs 120 CZK and Menu II (soup + main course) 140 CZK.

In the small shop in the restaurant, one can buy vegan products which are very difficult (or impossible) to buy elsewhere in Prague (such as e.g Beyond meat products) since this is the only distribution point of German vegan chain Veganz in Prague.

Pros: vegan, convenient location in Prague -Vinohrady, very good meals

Cons: rather small capacity

One-dish eatery & mini-shop - Edit

Puro is (as of this writing) the newest addition to the burgeoning veg*n landscape in Prague.

They serve only one dish, which is a combo platter that changes daily. This means if you happen to like what they're serving on any given day, you're in luck, because it's good value. But if the dish of the day is not to your taste, you might wish there were other options (as i did).

In addition to the daily plate, they also serve vegan ice cream, and there's a tiny selection of vegan grocery products available as well.

Note they're only open for lunch (as of June 2014, at least).

Pros: Vegan ice cream, Good value

Cons: Limited selection (only one daily dish)

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Puro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7525 times since Jun 2014.