Puree Juice Bar

• Vegan
Contact 301-633-4196

4903 Elm St, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, 20814

Vegan juice bar opened since Dec 2011. Uses the Norwalk juice press for all juices, with organic produce. Also serving purees (smoothies), house-made nut milks, prepared salads and raw food.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by JuiceNut

Good but overpriced juice, spotty service - Edit

My husband and I regularly frequented Purée in Bethesda for nearly two years, purchasing at least 6 bottles at a time, plus raw meals. Loved the juice and smoothies, even though we felt they were overpriced. Then we had a really poor customer service experience that was never satisfactorily resolved, so we haven't been back there since--more than a year ago. Too bad.

Pros: Convenient , Tasty

Cons: Pricey, Spotty customer service

Satisfied - Edit

Puree has a good atmosphere and good lunchboxes with many raw ingredients but for what it is, it's kind of overpriced and could use more low-fat smoothie options (everything has a milk substitute which is not my favorite). I would also have appreciated more raw snack options.

Pros: atmosphere, mostly raw, health food haven

Cons: expensive, little variety

Pay to Play - Edit

This expensive Juice Bar is down the street from SOULCYCLE which was right on time when I needed to refuel from the intense spin class. I'm not one for price gouging but given their location in the trendy business district of Bethesda, MD I understand the Justification. There is a large selection of juices and smoothies which are served in glass bottles which is cool. But I wasn't a fan of their packaged foods or the $10 coconuts.

Pros: Glass bottles, delightful mixes

Cons: expensive, expensive, expensive

Prices high but it's so good! - Edit

The prices here may cause you to fall over if you have never been into juice culture. However, the stuff is legitimately tasty. If you love juices and raw foods, this place is great. The food is all vegan, as are the juices and smoothies. I love the premade juices packaged in glass bottles- reusable and cool!

They have some raw treats like chocolates, from an outside company.

The menu is extensive for juice and smoothie choices. However, I am not a fan of their food choices having cooked food in them when they are practically raw. It would be nicer to have more raw choices for food. Still, with so few juice bars around, I support their efforts. Prices are comparable to NYC juice bars- maybe they are trying to hype their products up? The ingredients are not all organic, so be aware.

Pros: All vegan, Glass bottles, Great flavor selection

Cons: Prices, Not all raw

Nice afternoon refreshment - Edit

I stopped in the Puree Juice Bar while on a business trip to the DC area. Although I'm not a big fan of green juices and detoxing, I was in the mood for something filling and creamy. I had the banana butter cup puree and it was DELIGHTFUL! Check our our full review here: http://bit.ly/11b0d7D

Pros: Vegan, Refreshing, Quaint

Cons: a tad pricey

A juice bar for juice nuts - Edit

Glad to have found a local place aimed at the juice cleansing crowd. They have the spicy lemonade that I used for one 3 day cleanse,. but I think I'll try a differently cleanse next time so I can sample all their juices. Tried a pro shake today - almond, cocnut, hemp and cacao - nice because not v sweet but very creamy. Light and a great lunch instead of the 5 Guys burger my son had instead :-/ Will come back often.

Pros: 100% organic, Local produce, Interesting ingredients

Cons: Pricier, but worth the splurge

Return to Bethesda Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Puree Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1891 times since Dec 2011.