Pure Wholefoods

Contact 02-8966-9377

5/10 Darley Rd, Manly, New South Wales, 2095

Serves meat, vegan options available. All veg except for tuna. Has wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free items. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Macrobiotic, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by marta red

Expensive Organic Dump - Edit

How come this place seems to get glowing reviews? I went there mid-last year for lunch and it was dirty, expensive and the food was mediocre. One of the waitresses couldn't be bothered wiping down where we were about to sit; she just swiped her forearm across the table to brush the crumbs or whatever onto the floor! I think the reason this place thrives is because there's no competition; if there was another organic, wholefoods cafe in Many then things might be different. To be fair; this review is written a year after the fact, so things might've improved, but I doubt it...

Cons: Dirty, Expensive, Serves animal flesh

Excellent food - Edit

If you like healthy, tasty food with sophisticated flavours, this is a good place. I had a great salad for $10 (I chose bok choy, broccoli, pumpkin, lentils, Asian noodles from the selection). Most of the dishes are more expensive. I'm looking forward to exploring some of the other dishes (which include non-veg) on return visits. The atmosphere is neighborhood -- casual, comfortable, café style. And the desserts are also excellent. A friendly staff was a plus.

Classy organics - Edit

Pure Wholefoods has a really lovely, classy feel to it. My mother ordered the salad roll - very simple but with fresh, homemade bread and ingredients and plenty of avocado. I ordered the pumpkin risotto. It was very hearty, made with brown rice and came drizzled in a tahini sauce. For dessert, we shared the GF orange-almond cake, which was tasty. While I was waiting for my meal, I had a browse around the grocer area in the back - I spied tempting-looking coconut yoghurt and ice cream, as well as Sydney's own vegan Funky Pies. A great spot for lunch on a sunny day :)

Pros: Organic, Wholesome, Cafe AND grocery

Cons: Expensive grocery items, Not actually veg - some fish

Hip organic place close to beach - Edit

Best food we had in Sydney so far. Love the Chai latte with soja milk and honey. Beetroot carrot salad is heavenly fresh. Also had rice balls. Loved the pancakes with fresh fruit.

Little warning, this place is very hip. If you are not hip, you will feel hip when leaving here.

There is also a shop in the back with mouth watering organic food.

When we where here they had a lovely raw lemon pie.

Can be very busy with good weather. Close to the beach and the wharf.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 18, 2012

Pros: Organic, Fresh, Taste

Cons: Busy

good vegan choices - Edit

We are vegan and we were at Pure Wholefood today for lunch.Excellent juices and smoothies.We had scrumbled tofu with polenta and it was simply excellent and then we treated us with a slice of chocolate vegan cake that was really to die for and a very good almond and orange cake.The place was busy but wedidn't wait long to have our food and if you want to buy some organic fresh vegetables and fruits they have a small shop onz the back of the place.

Pros: nice people, vegan choices, close to the beach

Cons: not fully vegan or vegetarian

Return to Manly Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pure Wholefoods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2967 times since Sep 2007.