CLOSED: Pure Organic Heaven

Contact 0939203491

Soi Ta-ied, Chalong, Phuket, Thailand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic and health food cafe. Sources products locally, and many menu items are either vegetarian or vegan, although it's been reported that they are not vegan focused. Owner confirmed closed December 2016 and is opening new vegan restaurant nearby. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Kelljade

Lovely spot to dine - Edit

45/40 Moo 1 Soi Ta-iad | Chalong, Phuket 83000, Thailand

+(66) 089-792-7770

This place has 2 sister restaurants on the same road about a km away across from each other. Pure Vegan Heaven & Acai Café. Both are air-conditioned. The 3 have some crossovers and some menu differences. Less food options more drinks at Pure Acai Café.

Open walled with fans. Clean

Very friendly and helpful staff. When they heard my desire for whole grain breads they recommended other restaurants that might have it.

Lacto-ovo-vegetarian, vegan & omnivore f

I will get my rant out of the way before describing the delicious food I had:
I had come to have a Falafel Burger only to be met by disappointment. No buns, bread or pitas made of whole grains to put it on. They contacted their “sister” stores and neither had whole grain breads.
Why do so many restaurants that serve either vegan, vegetarian, or organic foods and claim to be healthy still use white flour?? Are they still in the dark ages? It has been known for years that, that fiber free crap does nothing but plug people up and has almost zero nutritional value.

Don’t they know that many people who are coming to their restaurants are expecting to eat healthy food? Yes whole grains take more skill to work with and costs more. But why use that as an excuse to serve unhealthy food?

Do they think as long as they don’t use meats, poultry and seafood in a menu item that anything else is fine? Yes many people just eat vegan or vegetarian because they are religious or they do not want to harm animals and some do not care about eating unhealthy foods. Yet a big percentage of us are eating this way for health. We don’t want refined grains, saturated oils, refined sugars, refined salts to name a few.
Fortunately Pure Organic Heaven does use whole grain rice and quinoa. They did offer raw sugar for tea sweetener. I did not ask what type of oils they cook with or salt they use so my rant might not apply to them aside from the white flour.

Orange, Pineapple, and Banana Smoothie 89B good

Lemon, turmeric, ginger, honey, water 69B Great for my liver! Terrible for my taste buds!

Health Freak Set 159B includes veggie omelet, micro greens, organic red rice and quinoa blend, garlic & turmeric aioli, salad > Omelet was yummy with lots of fresh veggies. The rice & quinoa blend was delicious & cooked perfectly, salad fresh & very good
My companion had one of their “bowls”. At 179B they are great value whole meal “sets”.

Pros: Good food, great helpful service

Cons: White flour - no whole grain breads

Don't bother - Edit

I rang to confirm that this place offered vegan options and was told that they have many vegan options. I then took a 45 minute taxi ride and when I arrived discovered only one vegan meal on the menu. I asked the waitress if any other items could be made vegan and she said no and was very disinterested. Such a waste of time.

jenicraig 11 Mar 2016 - Although we are not 100% vegan, our menu offers many vegan options. We also can make most dishes vegan. We are not sure of what the staff communicated that day, and invite you to come over and try the food again. Our spot is frequented by many vegans and vegetarians in Phuket, and I am a vegan myself, so a bit confused about this damaging review.

Return to Phuket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Pure Organic Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.