Pure on Raw

Contact 01143273235

244-246 Shalesmoor, Sheffield, Sheffield, England, S3 BUH

Opened in fall 2012, this is a raw and vegan cafe (all vegan except for honey- Sept 2016). Has sweet breakfast menu, appetizers, salads, mains, specials, desserts, smoothies and juices, and a Sunday menu. Monday movie nights 7-9.30pm. Also offers a raw food meal delivery service with option to collect at the cafe. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-3:00pm, Thu 10:00am-3:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm. Fri 10am-late, Sat 11am-late.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by angelbeast

Best raw food - Edit

I've eaten here many time with the last time being in December 2016
The food is just the best
The menu has had wraps and a few other vegan extras so go in and have a look at the updated menu

Pros: Eat loads and stay slim, Very healthy food, So delicious

Cons: Need more opening times

Tasty and filling - Edit

Came for dinner last night and was blown away by the great selection of food. The biggest struggle was deciding what to have. I had the bruschetta trio and the cheesy burger, both of which I was very happy with. I ended up with the cookies and ice cream, which was very tasty but I had serious food envy after tasting my husband's mocha cheesecake, which was creamy and delicious.
Service was friendly and efficient.
If I lived in Sheffield I would definitely come back, but unfortunately I'm just passing through so it will have to stay a happy memory in my travel diary.

Pros: all vegan

Creative raw dishes - Edit

We have eaten here many times, on every single occasion the food has been delicious. I've tried several of the menu items and am always impressed with the creativity and flavour. The cheesecakes are up there with the best I've ever had too. The owner is really attentive, friendly and knowledgable on the ingredients used. The juices are also worth trying. We shall be returning many times more.

Pros: creative, fresh and tasty food, friendly staff, good selection of food and drinks available

Amazing Choice and Food - Edit

Found myself in Sheffield for lunch and headed straight for this place hoping not to be disappointed - I really wasn't. A great choice available on the menu and the food was delicious.

Pros: Wide choice, Lovely food, Friendly staff/place

Cons: Decor is odd , Not inviting from outside

Gorgeous food. - Edit

Lovely wholesome good, really nice. Can take an absolute eternity to get your food, but the younger staff members are swift. Wish they'd prepare more items (side salads etc) in advance to speed the orders up, I've seen people walk out, nearly gone myself. This is business acumen rather than food and it's great, worth the wait. Starting to need more space/tables due to busyness.

Pros: All vegan, gorgeous food, healthy

Cons: expensive, parking, can take forever, course is a demo really

Food Heaven - Edit

It was a dull spring day threatening rain and my mother and I had a few hours to enjoy together. We decided to have a bimble round Meadowhall, but as usual I objected that there'd be nothing good to eat. I decided to try Happy Cow and minutes later I exclaimed 'Sheffield has a raw vegan restaurant'. An hour and some careful navigation later we entered the small, bright interior of Pure on Raw and were soon perusing the exciting menus. We chose to share a 'full meal salad' and a 'meaty' pizza, hoping the portions would be reasonably big. We needn't have worried - both plates were piled with food, and everything was incredibly fresh and delicious. Afterwards we ordered a sweet treat to share - two kinds of ice cream and the daily cheesecake. We were laughing aloud at how good it was, we couldn't believe we'd found this secret little place in Sheffield that, in my opinion, has better food, and unarguably has better prices and portions than any of the raw restaurants I love in London. We've now been back twice and are complete devotees. Last time I had the special - Korean raw wrap. Amazing! Bring your omni friends too, they will be inspired. They also have a little counter selling their own crackers, kale crisps and sweet snacks like macaroons and banana curls, and vegan staples like nutritional yeast. My favourite place right now!

Pros: quality of food, value for money, best dessert ever

Cons: out of the way (but easy to drive to), I don't live near it!

Another Fantastic Meal at Pure on Raw - Edit

I've just had another fantastic meal at Pure on Raw. The food is always beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. And Inga is so friendly and helpful. I'm happy with raw food even when its snowing outside, the bright colours and flavours warm you up, but my husband was happier with the warm soup and wrap.Its worth travelling to get here!

Pros: Excellent Food, Generous Portions, Relaxing Atmosphere

Pure on Raw, Sheffield - Edit

I must confess when I seen the prices I had some reservations. Having tried the food though, I have to say thought this place is outstanding. I don't have much experience of eating raw food. Is this is what its all like though then it gets my vote.

Pros: 100% vegan, Sensational food

Cons: Not for those on a tight budget

Raw Food Detox Success - Edit

Having tasted Inga’s raw food and the amazing flavours, I decided to do her juice detox programme. Inga supplied me with 8 small multi-coloured bottles per day, each one aimed at providing a certain level of nourishment for me throughout the day. The vibrancy of the colours and flavours were amazing. The beauty of the detox was that the bottles were a convenient size and were already made up with the right ingredients. I was never hungry or craved anything at all during the detox. It had even more energy, I slept well, I enjoyed the different flavours, and as the week progressed my taste buds felt more alive too. I lost 7lbs in weight which has stayed off. It was almost like my body was saying thank you for the nourishment.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 21, 2013

Pros: Refined food, beautifully presented, Nourishing variety of mains & desserts, Fabulous service priced for the quality

Cons: Location not central but easy to find

Lovely but pricey. - Edit

Anyone visiting would have to agree; the food is lovely and very well presented. The only downside is the price.

It's located just outside the city centre but, being a short walk from the cathedral, isn't too inaccessible.

I would certainly recommend it!

Amazing - Edit

What an amazing restaurant/cafe! We have come from Australia and are vegan. We have been travelling all over the UK for the past month and this is by far the best place we have been too. Raw vegan is so yummy, so much flavour and so healthy.
The staff member was extremely helpful and even gave us some testers before we bought anything.
Wish we were staying in Sheffield longer, we would be here every day. 5 out of 5!!!

Pros: Healthy, Wonderful staff, Amazing food

Cons: Location not the best.

an excellent addition to sheffield! - Edit

i couldn't quite believe it when i heard a raw, vegan and mostly gluten free restaurant had opened in sheffield! i'm vegan and gluten free and used to picking through menus to try and find something i can eat so i was excited to go down to shalesmoor and try this place out. lovely bright decor and bright smiling faces greeted us, and the owner and staff were keen to help us choose our meal and explain any elements we weren't clear on. the food arrived quicker than anticipated and was a vision of colour, the presentation was immaculate, modern and abundant. the flavours were incredible, this food has been lovingly crafted by someone with a real passion for raw and it felt great to benefit from her knowledge. puddings were amazing, so good that we bought extra to take home with us! we had what had the appearance of a cheesecake, one with a coffee chocolate flavour, the other made with blackberries. the flavours were amazing, fresh, intense and smooth. they source non-plastic packaging and local ingredients - seems like they get a lot of their ingredients from Beanies ( a local wholefood store) so for anyone who cares about ethical consumption this place ticks a lot of boxes. it felt like an odd location, but it really isn't too far from town and just next to the kelham island area, it has its own parking round the back and a bike lock-up point out front. 10 out of 10! i wish them all the best with this new venture and i'll be going back for more soon, and taking my friends!

Pros: flavours, exciting menu, friendly staff

Cons: location

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pure on Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.