CLOSED: Pure Market Express

952-452-4865

1311 W 2nd Street, Taylor, Texas, USA, 76574

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert served deli style. Community table seating or takeaway. Bright space, funky music, has Wi-Fi. Previously located on Chestnut Chaska. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm. Closed Sat.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by healthynut

disappointment - Edit

This is the first bad review I have written. Usually, I am very flattering to companies, but their customer service is the worst I have seen. I give their food a range from a C+ to a A-. The C+ is for relying on mostly oil or ground nuts to bring out the flavor and for the repeat of seasoning in many dishes. The A- is for having a lot of foods that I must admit are really good.

The bad rating is for them telling me over the phone that Los Angeles is in a 3 day mailing zone for them and twice getting the food 5 days after the shipping date. I would have no problem with that if some of the food wasn't completely rancid upon arrival. While 85% of the food was fine and tasty. 15% of the food needed to be replaced.

The first food delivery cycle they responded immediately and sent a replacement. One item (lasagna) was rancid even on the replacement which was sent 2 day as a courtesy. The second time I used them (I used them a 2nd time, because they said the shipping issue wouldn't happen again and because I felt confident that if anything happened they would take care of it). I was wrong on both accounts. The week of food came 5 days later and many dishes were either wet with condensation, making them slimy and/or rancid to the smell.

This time, I called and left a message, waited and heard nothing, then emailed....heard nothing, then got someone on the phone who apologized and said the owner would call me....waited a week, went through it all over again....left messages, never heard back, sent emails, never heard back, got someone on the phone who promised that the owner would take care of it and get in touch with me and I have never heard from them since.

Final words....don't do it. There are much better raw food companies out there, both locally and who do mailing orders.

Pros: pretty decent food

Cons: horrible customer service, late delivery (twice), no replacement when food comes rancid

Has CLOSED: Pure Market Express closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.