Pure Healthy Eatery

• Veg-friendly
Contact 281-419-3200

4223 Research Forest Dr Ste 350, The Woodlands, Texas, USA, 77381

Serves meat, vegan options available. Natural food restaurant. Offers veg and gluten-free choices and sells prepared meals in a refrigerated section. Variety of juices and smoothies. Has Wi-Fi.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LoriKetcherside

Doesn't live up to expectations - Edit

I had high hopes for Pure but there were few vegetarian or vegan options for entree, lots of meat unfortunately.
I specifically ordered my wrap without cheese or mayo. When I took my first bite, it was clear that the wrap contained feta cheese (it was cut up so tiny that you couldn't see it). The staff was polite in remaking my order, but it's unfortunate that it wasn't made correctly the first time.
I would expect this place to be more careful with respecting people's dietary requirements and preferences. This is the only restaurant where I can recall being fed cheese since becoming vegan after being clear about no cheese.
My lunch companion ordered her wrap without avocado, and it came with avocado! The food, once corrected, was pretty good but the experience could be much improved. We also found the service quite slow.

Pros: Healthy lunch spot

Cons: Slow service, Messed up orders

Great Smoothies and Juice - Edit

I typically only go here for the juices and smoothies which are amazing! The food is pretty good too. Nothing to write home about but if you are looking for good and semi-quick vegetarian or vegan bite to eat in the area then this is absolutely the place to go.

Room for improvement - Edit

A place with healthy food and a nice, modern atmosphere. Unfortunately the vegan options are extremely limited.

I had hoped for anything vegan but salad or soup (both available here, but also at a bunch of other places closer to the center). There were two vegan items in the menu listed under "wrap or salad", no burgers. I hoped at least for a wrap but when I asked a staff member he told me that the wrap itself was not vegan. So once more - I got a salad. It was topped with tofu - neither marinated nor fried nor otherwise treated in a way which could have brought some taste to it. The other ingredients of the salad were Romaine lettuce, cilantro, mandarin oranges, edamames, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, ginger orange vinaigrette. Not a bad combination, if the tofu hadn't been so terribly bland. Room for improvement here for sure.

I also had a smoothie called "Vegan Vampire" or similar which was good, and a nice Muesli (?) bar from "Sinfull Bakery - vegan baked goods."

However, not really a good place to go for a hungry vegan.

Pros: healthy food, vegan items labelled

Cons: nothing substantial for vegans

Good vegan burger in a very noisy restaurant - Edit

There were seemingly more vegan baked goods options than there were entrees, which I find unfortunate. I was able to get a delicious bean burger with roasted vegetables and it was very tasty. The staff was helpful, but also not very pleasant. When I kindly explained I would like to be sure my choice had no animal or animal "by-products" in them, I was treated a bit like an inconvenient alien. Either way, food was good, but I don't believe it would be my first choice to go back to.

Pros: Vegan baked goods available

Cons: Not very knowledgable as a whole, Not very kind staff

Good but could be better - Edit

I love the variety of vegan options available and that my husband doesn't have to eat my "rabbit food" when we go there. He doesn't recommend it, however as their hearts are clearly on the vegan side of the menu.
However, having been here many times, the service is super slow and inattentive. For as uncrowded as this place is, this is just weird.

Pros: Awesome smoothies, Excellent options , Not overcrowded

Cons: Slow to get food, Innattentive servers

Return to The Woodlands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pure Healthy Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2976 times since May 2011.