Pure Burrito

Contact 089-59043711

Lindwurmstr 57, Munich, Germany, 80337

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quick service place offering build-your-own burrito from a large assortment of organic and GMO-free ingredients. Tell the server if you are vegan and s/he will guide you through what's suitable. Reported that guacamole here is not vegan, Sep 2014. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Tex-Mex, Non-veg

First Review by christopher

The burritos are good. - Edit

If you're familiar with Chipotle, this place is similar. Or Subway, except with burritos instead of sandwiches. Don't expect a lot of variety. But the basic vegan burrito they serve (primarily beans, rice and vegetable fajitas in a very large burrito) is good. Unlike a previous reviewer, I didn't find it to be unflavorful. It's also prepared quickly, it's not too pricey and it's filling. There is also a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.

Pros: Good burritos, Quick, Filling

Cons: Not much variety

Run-of-the-Mill Vegetarian Burrito - Edit

I ordered Pure Burrito's vegetarian burrito with guacamole. It was fine, but forgettable. There was no distinct flavor to any part of the burrito; it was just like they realised after designing all their other custom burritos that they could also throw a vegetarian option up on the board because they had some side ingredients that happened to be vegetarian. Perhaps it was just my mistake for ordering a set burrito instead of choosing my own fillings. Either way, for me this place was uninspiring. I will say that my partner eats meat and he liked his burrito a lot, and we both agree Pure Burrito is better than Condesa, at least for burritos. I probably won't come here again though.

Another minor note, the service was a little haphazard. There was no one ahead of us in line, but we to wait about 15 minutes to even order our food because someone called in and placed a large order by phone right before we got there. They didn't seem to have a plan for how to manage phone orders and in-person customers at the same time, so we had to wait quite a while. The people working there were nice about it, but they should really have a better system.

Pros: Friendly Service, Good Quality Food

Cons: No Distinct Flavor

Only serves burritos, they're decent - Edit

"Pure Burrito" is a good name since they basically only serve burritos, along with beer and margaritas, but it's not a bar, just a casual place. You order at the counter and choose which items you want in your burrito -- not totally authentic (they were using plain white rice, for instance) -- but pretty good. The highlight is that you choose a sauce from I think 6 fun options they have available.

My problem with the place is purely with the guacamole. It definitely has a lot of some sort of dairy in it and doesn't taste fresh or real at all. Very unfortunate.

For a plain burrito, I'd go again. It's clean and modern inside with plenty of natural light.

Pros: Fast and friendly, You watch what they put in it

Cons: Guacamole sucked, and that's hard to do.

Fantastic Food and Friendly Service - Edit

Moving from the USA to Europe we really miss good quality Tex-Mex. We heard from an American Expat about this place and decided to check it out. We were warmly greeted and offered to explain in English or German. An entire array of fresh ingredients were displayed for you to direct how you wanted your burrito prepared. We explained that we were Vegan and he pointed out what we could have and what we could not. He shared that one was cooked with a ham bone. We would have never know and appreciated all the information. They offer a large or a small burrito and you can make them mild or spicy. The beverages offered were good quality and they even make Margaritas (Our server was a bartender in Hawaii) beer and wine. They have food to go or to dine-in. I would have given this 5 Cow Rating but cannot since they serve meat and the system does not allow more than 4 cows!

Pros: Excellent Quality, Friendly Service, Very Clean

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pure Burrito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.