CLOSED: PuraVida

• Vegetarian

Contact 787-728-8119

1853 McLeary Ave, Ocean Park/Condado, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 00911

Features a blend of Puerto Rican and international vegetarian cuisine with special emphasis on tapas. Also serves pizza and has rice cheese available. Has almond milk, soy milk, fresh fruits drinks, wine, beers, and other spirits. Seating is divided into four areas: an air conditioned lounge, an air conditioned salon, a roofed terrace, and an open patio by the pool. Reported to be open, and all vegetarian, Oct 2014. JAN 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Caribbean, Puerto Rican

First Review by Pedro Bread

Check Hours before visiting - Edit

When we dropped in on a Wednesday at ~3:30PM, the front-lighted "Open" sign was lit and blinking, but there was noone in the restaurant. We asked someone in the restaurant (who was eating at the bar) if they were open (we asked in Spanish), they gave a curt "No". So check the hours before going!

Cons: No open when open sign on, Rude

Bad Vida - Edit

We called from our hotel and were asked to make a reservation. We were the only ones in the restaurant all night. Not a good sign. We don't mind supporting strugging vegan friendly places but felt like we were ripped off. The meals were tiny and bland. As we only had an entree, we felt the manager intentionally ripped us off with the dessert. Menu showed $3 cake. He reccomended the special instead. Our special 1.5 inch square pieces of dry and tasteless cakes were $7 each. Bad Vida

Pros: Entertaining manager, Gay friendly, Friendly

Cons: Way over priced, Bland food, Very slow

really disppointed - Edit

While visiting San Juan, we wanted a special place for my husband's birthday...and thought Pura Vida would be it-it wasn't. The pumpkin soup was good. I had to send back my entree...way too salty. Then the next (different choice) entree was really bland. I don't think they have it together here.

Pros: great pina colada

Cons: inconsistent, not a lot of choices

Bland and pricey - Edit

We tried this place based on the quality reviews and the location. Nice to be able to fill up on veggie stuff, but it was nearly $40 a person! And everything was very bland. Between the uninteresting food and the high prices, it's tough to recommend.

Pros: Location

Cons: Price, Taste

Had almost nothing on the menu - Edit

I went with my mom yesterday because of the references in a book. We ask for the Cassava & tuno croquettes, and the tuno was missing. Then my mother ask for the veggie paella which was very oily and the rice wasn't jasmine as the waiter told us. My pizza was missing some vegetables and the dessert was way too expesive. It was a Hello and bye bye experience.

disappointed & overpriced - Edit

My family and I went to this restaurant on our vacation recently, having frequented vegan restaurants in NY. We were so disappointed in the taste and quality of the food, and felt it was way over priced. The service was lovely and we were happy with our waiter. We had the pizza, which had no tast and was cold, the Thai chicken was too spicy and a small meal fo $15.00. The eggplant again was a very small meal, but not bad. Dessert was OK but way over priced. Our meal for 4, which had little taste and left us hungry was $113.00. Will never go back, when we visit again.

Pros: service, ambiance, music

Cons: no/little taste, small, small portions, over priced

Welcome back, PuraVida - Edit

I know this place. I went there so many times. They were off for a while, and it is wonderful to have them back. Great menu, top quality food, the coziest ambiance, very reasonably priced. I recommend this fabulous eatery to everyone that loves great healthy food.

Pros: Full of choices, great location, free parking

Return to San Juan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: PuraVida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3072 times since Oct 2009.