Pizza
Italian
Beer/Wine
Delivery
Take-out

Vegan Italian restaurant and wine bar with menu offering traditional pasta dishes, Neapolitan pizzas, frittata, baked bruschetta, ricotta, and "meatball" parmigiana among others. Dessert includes tiramisu. Features a full bar with beachfront patio and sunset views. This branch est. 2021. Open Tue-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri 11:30am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm. Closed Mon.

Venue map for Pura Vita
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Clarissa1dc

Pilot.lj

Points +435

03 Feb 2024

Great vegan Italian! A little overpriced

Tried meatballs, Caesar salad, Bianca pizza, caprese!

Everything was great except for the Bianca pizza which was not very good at all.

Overall we really enjoyed the food but the pricing felt really high.

ElsaFine

Points +24

27 Nov 2023

Simply the best

It's my favorite place to go when hungry and want gourmet Italian food. The Pizzas are my favorite; the crust is thin, and the different options are all SO GOOD. I can't even recommend one in particular, but if I had to choose, I would order the Black Magic today. The portions are very generous; the pasta can be a smaller size, portion-wise, but they are so delicious and unique that all is forgiven by adding a dessert in the end.
One day, I ate a bit less and ordered their new salad. And it was so filling and tasty that I was thrilled with my choice.

My favorite pizza is Black Magic.
My favorite pastas are Carbonara
My favorite desserts are Affogato and Cookie Sundae.

They also have delish cocktails!

Pros: Large menu 100% Vegan, Coctails and desserts are amazing, Best Pizza and Pasta

Cons: A bit pricey, The back patio isn't as cute as the indoor seating

caesarion

Points +66

25 Nov 2023

Pura Delizia

Visited Pura Vita while visiting Los Angeles, and obviously had to try a variety of things on the menu. Everything that I had was absolutely delicious, and did not regret spending the amount that I did. There’s a few complaints about the pricing of menu items, and I get it. However, I would consider Pura Vita to be a fine-dining experience, with a lovely atmosphere. If you treat it as an occasional outing, rather than an every-day thing, this is a 5 star experience. This is as close to authentic as you’ll get with v*gan food. No fake cheeses or meats (nothing wrong with that, though) — this is all quality, yummy ingredients. My favorite was definitely the potatoes with aoli, but as I said, everything was delicious

Pros: Nice, clean bathrooms, Everything was delicious

Cons: No lasagna at this location, but that’s ok , A bit pricy

caesarion

25 Nov 2023

(Black magic pizza was a great drunk munchie btw)

astcia

Points +104

04 Nov 2023

best italian food

I tried de Calabrese pasta and it was amazing the cheese was so good. Not even in Italy I found vegan pasta this good. The brussel sprouts were really good too.

Pros: Delicious food, Beautiful place

Cons: Maybe they were crowded and the service was just k

GrahamMacnish

Points +102

25 Sep 2023

The best vegan we have found in LA

The food is amazing, the service excellent with all the team making you feel more than welcome. Perhaps other restaurants should visit to see how well it can be done. A bit expensive but worth the extra. Highly recommended

Dvenat

Points +308

17 Sep 2023

Better than expected

Amazing food and friendly service.
We had the special Mafaldine Agli Spinaci, Linguine di Mare, Cesare saldad and everything was really good.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-17

Pros: Food, Service, Location

HailCarbs666

Points +294

15 Aug 2023

Too good!

The food is so good it should be illegal!!! The carbonara is to die for. The Black Magic pizza is the best, you will crave it (that’s a warning) Great service too! It’s a bit crowded indoors but there’s outdoor seating too. Cocktails are good too! Basically always dreaming of the next time I go.

Pros: Delicious, Great selection, All vegan

Cons: Crowded indoors

Notstevie

Points +1232

13 Aug 2023

Great food!

Everything was good, but was kinda pricey for what it is! Glad to support a vegan restaurant though! Very good here! Would recommend!

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-13

Pros: Friendly staff

Ash(fortheanimals)

Points +164

12 Aug 2023

Italian food, not my fav

But this was amazing. Holy moly. Their carbonara is incredible. We also tried the bruschetta, delicious as well. If I ever feel like Italian food, I'm definitely coming here first. If you like Italian food, this place is a must stop. If you're like me and never crave Italian food, it's still a must stop.

JakeFuller

Points +1166

03 Aug 2023

Great quality

I ordered a personal pizza at happy hour. Great sauce and “cheese,” I’m sure I’ll be back again to try something else.

jmc01

Points +23

30 Jul 2023

So amazing

Friendly staff and amazing food. I wish I lived in this area so I could come back again and again!

vagovegano

Points +4347

24 Jun 2023

Never had a bad meal here…

I’ve been to this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. The food is just that good. I recommend the mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce to start. The carbonara pasta is very popular and for good reason. Their beignets with vegan Nutella sauce for dessert always hits the spot. But whatever you choose, chances are you’ll enjoy it. Highly recommend if you’re in the mood for Italian.

Pros: Great food, Great service

Cons: Parking sucks

Seatown_vegan

24 Jun 2023

vagovegano

25 Jun 2023

AutumnTierra

Points +1438

19 Feb 2023

Absolutely excellent

I loved the food and the service. Our waiter was fantastic. We had the mozzarella sticks, Caesar salad, and pizza with sausage and fennel. All were great. But save room for their robust dessert menu. You have to go to the West Hollywood location for tiramisu but they have vegan Nutella and gelato and many other treats. We will be back!

Pros: Truly delicious food, Would be excellent for a date or special occasion, Amazing dessert menu

SimoneRendell-Shelby

Points +94

18 Dec 2022

Would visit again

Great food, Cocktails, service and atmosphere, also trendy decor too.

Pros: Great food , Great staff, Great Cocktails and atmosphere!

phytophile

Points +975

14 Dec 2022

This place is the best

It’s so good that you want to try everything. The pizza was my favorite. Delicious pasta and desserts.

Pros: Vegan restaurant that you can be proud of, Take meat eaters to shut them up

Cons: Worth every penny but $$$$

AthLife

Points +300

Mostly Veg
08 Dec 2022

Outstanding!

Quaint bar and front room with outdoor covered seating in back. Great service.

Pros: All vegan, Great range

Cons: Nada

mnygren

Points +47

03 Dec 2022

Great food, great location, great service.

This is definitely best Vegan restaurant I have ever visited. I have been Vegan since 1996, so I have been to a few. The food was delicious and looked incredible. It is across from the Redondo Beach pier. The food was a bit pricy, so I could not come here everyday. It is well worth visiting and often for special occasions.

Magnuslance

19 Aug 2023

michelle_lynne14

Points +1176

17 Nov 2022

Always amazing

We love coming here when we visit CA. Their pizzas are delicious and they have great gluten-free options! The Baked Ricotta appetizer is insane!

chazzratazz

Points +136

12 Nov 2022

perfection

From the moment you check in, you know you’re in for a great dinner experience. The staff is super welcoming & friendly, & helpful with any questions you can have. They have a great bar with excellent drinks at a decent price & they gave excellent recommendations. The food is some of the best vegan Italian food around, even my friends & family who are not vegan love it! One of my favorite restaurants.

Pros: High quality delicious food, Friendly staff, Fine dining experience

IgorBuenoGurski

Points +200

01 Oct 2022

Best pizza ever

Let me start the review like the title, best pizza ever.
Waitress was very kind. Arrived earlier than our reservation and were sat right away. Patio was nice. Appetizers started with the baked ricotta and bread. Creamy, cheesy, really tasteful. Pizzas came. Diavolina and Black Magic. Can't describe how good it was. Go there and enjoy. For dessert, cookie sundae.

Pros: Cold beer, Parking , Have I mentioned the best pizza ever?

GailG

Points +28

02 Sep 2022

Vegan Italian Food

I love the Italian options at this vegan restaurant. I’ve tried salad, a couple of pizzas and a few of the pasta dishes. Lately I’ve been ordering a take-out order of broccoli rabe and pomodoro pasta. I mix them together at home and eat it for a couple of meals. Yum!

Pros: Lots of vegan options

krysteleal

Points +632

17 Aug 2022

Really good pizzas!

The pizzas are delicious, and the place is a great restaurant for a late dinner and drinks. It has a restaurant-bar-lounge kind of vibe.

Torso

Points +223

16 Aug 2022

Amazing all vegan Italian restaurant.

Amazing all vegan Italian restaurant one block from the beach. It’s a little pricey, but the ambience is amazing and the food is top notch, some of the best Italian I’ve ever had.

Pros: All vegan, no guessing. , Parking in back.

Cons: A little pricey.

KellyHudson

Points +509

10 Aug 2022

Delicious Italian Cooked From Scratch

Pura Vita is a quaint restaurant with an all vegan menu! I’ve gone here with meat lovers and nobody missed the meat. The pasta is delicious and tastes like everything is made from scratch. I’ve gone here twice and everything was amazing. From the vegan mozzarella sticks, to lentil veggie balls & yummy cashew cream on the black magic pizza. Everything was amazing! Highly recommend checking it out.

Pros: Entire menu is vegan , Homemade high quality food , Close to the beautiful beach

Cons: Expensive- Great for a special occasion

balasquared

Points +20

02 Aug 2022

absolutely mouth watering

had the meatball Parm, just the right amount of heat, and just enough for the hungry person

vegan.panda

Points +587

30 Jul 2022

Always 5 stars ⭐️

I love trying their seasonal menus because you can really find some unique eats that way! This time, they had a season fig pizza that was phenomenal! I really loved the sweet flavor of the fig matched with the creamy cashew cheese on the pizza. As part of their summer menu we also sampled their s’more Sunday which is a chocolate lovers dream. Coming here is always a special treat!

Updated from previous review on 2022-04-02

Whynotplantbased

03 Apr 2022

I love this place. My favorite vegan restaurant so far.

JamesRichardKao

Points +100

28 Jul 2022

Guilt-free Italian Dining by the Beach!

This has been one of my favorite vegan restaurants since I discovered it a few years ago as I LOVE Italian food! I love the variety of dishes and the freshness of the pastas and sauces. There is always a lively crowd here so great to see that others are appreciating good vegan cuisine too. The staff is always friendly here and helpful to explain everything on the menu. They asked upfront if you have allergies which is really important as a lot of dishes are nut-based.

I came with a friend and we ordered polpettine for an appetizer. We both had fresh lemonade which was quite good. I then had a lasagna for my main course and we shared a S’mores cookie sundae for dessert. Can’t wait to come back here again!

Pros: Lots of variety of dishes, Nice environment and vibe, Friendly staff

Cons: A bit pricey