First Review by shea11

Hidden ingredients so ask! - Edit

This place has a lot of options on the menu that are either vegetarian or vegan, plus an incredible selection of juices and smoothies.

We started with chips and salsa. To my surprise it was topped with a feta-like cheese! Didn't expect that! My dining partner isn't vegan so he ate it.

My veggie burger was huge but a little dry. After eating almost half, I spotted a thin white spread on the top bun, under the tomatoes. I'm guessing mayo? That was really annoying.

All in all I wasn't that impressed with my food. There are other solid vegan options here in Mazatlan. But this is a good compromise if you're eating with non-vegans.

Make sure to verify that what you're ordering is vegan and don't rely on what the menu says or your expectations. For some reason, I didn't expect mayo on my burger (but cheese on salsa isn't normal).

Updated from previous review on 2017-05-18

Pros: varied menu , amazing juice options

Cons: hidden ingredients not listed on menu , Expensive for what it is

vegan in Mazatlan- it does exist! - Edit

We travel to Mexico a couple times a year and i usually struggle to find vegan food that i can eat while south of the border. I usually end up packing a lot of my own food. Last December we decided to go to Mazatlan (a city we normally don't visit) and i did my typical online search for vegan restaurants.

I happened to find Pura Vida online and so we decided to check it out while we were down there. We spotted it from about a block away because of the giant pineapple sign out front and i was skeptical what it might be like inside. But once inside, we were thrilled to find that most ingredients were organic and they offered a veggie burger which we ordered with no cheese.
They also had smoothies (which we didnt try) but their menu appeared to have several veggie/vegan friendly options.

Next time we visit Mazatlan, this restaurant will surely be a staple for us!

Pros: easy to find, veggie friendly

Return to Mazatlan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pura Vida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.