First Review by

Wonderful wraps, shakes, and muffins! - Edit

I lived in Buenos Aires from January to July of 2010 and had a lot of difficulty eating out because I am vegan. But once I discovered Pura Vida, I started eating there every single day...sometimes twice a day. I usually went for the Mediterranean Wrap with tofu, and delicious vegan muffins (if there were any left by the time I got there!) They also serve chicken and fish I think, so meat eaters can be satisfied as well. I dragged all of my friends to Pura Vida and all of them ended up loving it and wanting to go back with me. The smoothies are delicious...I recommend the Duranzo Dreams! The staff is very friendly and speaks english, or will find someone who does if you need it. The only negative thing is that as of mid 2010, they were still using styrofoam cups for drinks. But they offer a discount if you bring your own cup, so do that! I would give Pura Vida a 5 star rating but happycow only allows a rating of 4 for non-vegetarian restaurants.

Pros: delicious food and sauces, big portions, friendly and helpful staff, outdoor seating

Cons: styrofoam cups

Great Juices & Rolls - Edit

Great combination of ingredients; they also include local healty ingredients. Juices are excelent and they also have interesting vegetarian options on sanwiches and rolls. Very well located downtown.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh products, good menu

Cons: little bit noisy (blenders), small place

Vegans will find smoothies, sandwiches and muffins - Edit

Pura Vida offers a large variety of liquid concoctions, priced $10.50-$17 Argentinian pesos ($2.75-$4.50 USD). The liquid menu includes fruit, milk, wheatgrass and power smoothies, as well as freshly pressed fruit and vegetable juices. The only downside being the smoothies are served in Styrofoam cups.

Pura Vida has several vegan options on their salad and sandwich menu, reasonably priced $17-$24 pesos ($4.50-$6.50 USD). We went for the Mediterraneo. Packed with hummus, quinoa tabouli, organic mixed greens, avocado, and carrots, this was definitely the right choice. All of the ingredients blended together to make an very delicious Mediterranean inspired wrap. The fresh organic greens were a real treat considering most of the greens we've come across in BA look awfully sad as they rot in the supermarkets.

Pura Vida won our hearts with their vegan berry muffin. We liked our smoothies and sandwich, but we loved our muffin. It had just the right amount of sweetness, a perfect muffin top and moist insides. The muffin was only $6 pesos ($1.60 USD).

Food and drinks are prepared extremely fast. The Recoleta location is very small so you'll probably want to get takeout.

Pros: fast, good food, vegan options

Cons: small

Make your way here! - Edit

This place has thirst-quenching delicious juices (a whole page of them) with a variety of fruits (yay, blueberries!) wheatgrass, spirulina, maca, pollen and more.
They also have salads and sandwiches with sprouts and veggies and your choice of tofu, chicken or fish. The music is great, the staff is nice, the price is right.
PS there's a 10% South American Explorers discount and a10% discount if you bring your own cup.

Pros: delicious, fair price, good atmosphere

Cons: location (recoleta), cash only, styrofoam cups

finally a juice bar in buenos aires - Edit

great place.. only place like it in town, for wheatgrass shots, excellent fruit and veggie juices, cheap gourmet salads and sandwiches. vibe also a plus..

Pros: excellent food, healthy and informative, good music

Cons: small, only open till 9pm

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Pura Vida Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 611 times since Aug 2007.