First Review by anis

The Cheap and Best restaurant in bangkok - Edit

I stayed here in bangkok for 3 months and daily i looked for a restaurant nearby. Then i found Punjab sweets in Pahurat. The Service and quality of food is awesome. I used to go there by MRT (Hua Lamphong) and then catch Bus No.1 from in Golden Budhha side. Also the street market on weekends there is very good and cheap.

Mr. Kundan - keep it up. Your job is great

amazing authentic punjabi food - Edit

My partner are and I are punjabis from the UK travelling around SE ASIA and were friending for proper home cooked food and our German buddies who are vegan met us and told of this place well it's not the shangri la or the four season tucked away to the side of the Sikh Temple in Bangkok well priced and service is great and food is absolutely amazing it will keep me coming back I joined happy cow to write this great review and curse another place which was just as bad.

Good for snacks, sweets - Edit

As the name of the restaurant suggests, sweets are the main draw here. You can also buy a variety of fried snacks at a window facing the street. I felt kind of weird eating inside the restaurant, I was the only farang and everyone was staring at me the whole time (guess the tattoos don't help the situation, ha). I was completely ignored by the wait staff, who stood around chatting with each other in the corner while I sat there starving and looking at the wall like an idiot. Also, the menu has no descriptions so if you are not that familiar with Indian food you are kind of in the dark as far as what you are ordering, though everything I got was pretty good. The sweets are a must-try. All in all its a good but very basic place.

Pros: excellent sweets, good value

Cons: non-helpful staff, limited menu

nice place - Edit

small, basic place, feels like being in India... I enjoyed having a glas of sweet Indian milk tea and some samosas, it's no big deal, no fancy place for going out and dining, but a lovely spot to stop by and have some snacks... if you've been to India you know what I mean

Pros: good value, feels like India, tasty & spicy

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Punjab Sweets - Chakraphet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2176 times since Aug 2007.