Pulse

+30-6940266866

Theotokopoulou 70, Chania, Greece, 73131

Offers a wide variety of vegan dishes made from local produce. Sample items such as tomato tart, pasta, risotto, vegan burger, tabouleh with potato cakes, curry, samosa, mezze plate, and vegan beef casserole. Est. 2019 and switched to fully vegan in 2019. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm. Closed winter months.

Categories: Vegan, International, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Greek

First Review by joachim_s

kool_kitchen

Points +597

10 Nov 2019

Nice place good healthy food - Edit

The first time we went we had the the meatballs and another dish which were a bit bland. I asked for a chilli sauce and it was home made, but unfortunately it was sweet and I couldn't eat it. They were nice and ground up some fresh chilli and that helped.

I had the chocolate banana and nut smoothie, which was very heavy and almost a meal unto itself. My husband had a fresh juice combination which was nice.

The second time we went, we had one of the mezze combinations, which I think is the best thing on their menu and probably the best deal financially. It had a wide array on offer and it was very big.

Afterwards, we had a delicious and very moist chocolate cake that wasn't on the menu. One mezze and one slice of cake between two people was more than enough. In fact when ordering desert, one slice of cake is easily enough for two people. Even their carrot cake was very big; I saw two people return both of theirs half eaten. It's massive.

The food was fresh, well prepared but a little on the pricey side. It has a nice location and for sitting outdoors it's really lovely. If the weather is poor, the indoor seating is very tiny and not as nice.

Pros: really big portions especially their cakes, Has great outdoor seating and atmosphere, mezze is the best deal

Cons: smoothie drinks menu only availble in daytime, indoor seating not great, a little pricey

AxelBelhache

Points +17

18 Oct 2019

Perfect - Edit

kind of place to invite friends who think that being vegeterian is just eating vegetables ..
This restaurant is really great for vegan. Very fine and refined gastronomic cuisine ..
A quick favorite of the year. I recommend mezze 1 or 2 and moussaka

AlizabethAshlee

Points +178

15 Oct 2019

Great food, great ambiance! - Edit

Cute restaurant, definitely get the mezze plate it was delicious and huge. We got the falafels which were good and came with an amazing sauce, we got the burger as well, it was okay. Wished we saved room for dessert, everyone around us was getting the carrot cake and looked amazing!

volo.herzon

Points +15

Mostly Veg
14 Oct 2019

"Island hopping? Go to Chania!", our friends said - Edit

Because not only is Crete and Chania beautiful, but there's the best vegan restaurant in Greece. I totally agree! Such subtle and harmonious flavours in a beautiful place and atmosphere. The heart grows open.

disco942

13 Oct 2019

Wish they would write a recipe book :) - Edit

Outstanding! Sharing platters especially, I’ll be ordering one as a main next time so I can fit dessert in 😊

scratchgrey

Points +274

07 Oct 2019

Huge portions and lots of choice - Edit

Huge portions and great value. Excellent food! Really good menu.

Pros: Many options, Portions, Value

alanahjade18

Points +60

03 Oct 2019

So many options! - Edit

Spent one night in Chania and came here and did not regret it. Portions are very big - we shared the mezze platter which was gorgeous and you get a taste of everything really. Then had the Moussaka for a main which was delish.

Pros: Big portions, Lots of options, Outdoor seating with lovely views

kellycni

Points +50

02 Oct 2019

A real gem of a cafe - Edit

I went here with my son, and we had the meatballs and the sharing platter. Both were delicious and we couldn’t eat it all, there was so much! The view of the sea is a bonus too. Definitely go if you’re in Chania

Pros: All vegan

LaFaraona

Points +232

25 Sep 2019

Amazing - Edit

A fantastic vegan restaurant, with a small menu and delicious food. You'll find many greek foods, I recommend the Moussaka, the "meatballs" and basically everything! Don't leave without having tried the berry cheesecake, it is wonderful!
Service is quick and charming, prices are fair and servings are generous!! Couldn't be better!

Pros: Fully vegan, Big portions, Nice staff

rega

Points +74

21 Sep 2019

👌🏼 - Edit

Fully vegan.

Mezes were great, mains - not so much. But only b/c mezes were really great.

Moussaka has lentils in place of meat, which not everyone can like (e.g. me).

vegan212

Points +30

11 Sep 2019

Mouth watering food gorgeous view - Edit

The restaurant is on a small hill that looks down into the water. It's absolutely gorgeous.
The food is incredible. It's everything you hope for in a vegan restaurant. The prices are pretty fair. The flavor of the food is perfect.

Pros: Lots of fresh options including desserts.

Cons: Kid street performers that come stand next to you , asking for money while they attempt to play music

GerryTighe

Points +15

29 Aug 2019

Probably the best Vegan restaurant I have been to. - Edit

Great menu with lots of choice. Portions are extremely generous. Quality is top notch.

Pros: Great choice, Generous portions, Great quality

Cons: Only water available as non alcoholic drink., Fresh juice on menu but not available.

MichiVenturi

Points +116

25 Aug 2019

Must try - Edit

You must try it if you are here on vacation. Super delicious!

Pros: 100%vegan

Cons: No one

cjvanlissa

Points +38

24 Aug 2019

Incredible food, beautiful location - Edit

What a lovely restaurant! Vegan versions of traditional Greek cuisine, international staples (we found it hard to resist the burger, but were overjoyed once our pumpkin Sage ravioli arrived). Full view of the ocean, which makes this the best located vegan restaurant I know. We're coming back for the giant carrot cake!

Reutmanx

Points +34

22 Aug 2019

A dream for vegans - Edit

Greek style food, fully vegan. Very tasty and large portions even if your a long hungry man (like me).

Pros: Full vegan menu, Large portions, Nice place in old town

Cons: Maybe deserts are too large?

19 Aug 2019

Nice - Edit

Really good food but kinda pricey for my pocket

Cons: Pricey

Kalel

Points +39

07 Aug 2019

Outstanding!! - Edit

Amazing selection, the establishment has crafted a well designed and presented menu.
The food quality is 10/10

BecksterBoo

Points +108

07 Aug 2019

All Vegan Cafe in Chania - Edit

All vegan cafe. Lots of choice. Nice views across the port.

Pros: Lots of choice , Amazing vegan mezze , Uses vegan cheese and mayo

dasdad83

29 Jul 2019

Vegan cheese burger - Edit

Look above. Enough said.

sofiadam

Points +22

28 Jul 2019

Excellent!!! - Edit

Amazing food, wide variety, friendly stuff.
Would recommend to everyone.

TinaLiasi

Points +296

28 Jul 2019

Nice Vegan Restaurant!! - Edit

I like that restaurant because of course is only vegan so everything you want is on you.

Pros: Salads, Mushrooms , Rice

Cons: The price was good very logical

Babyeesh

Points +64

21 Jul 2019

Amazing food!! - Edit

I got the vegan cheese burger and the blueberry cheese cake today and I couldn’t be more happy with the service and the food! 🥳 Will definitely be going back before I get back home to the UK! (I’ve posted pictures!) I forgot to mention their home made lemonade was SO YUMMY! 🌱

Pros: Lots of options , Location was beautiful , Amazing deserts!

Cons: Pricing is a bit high

MartinaGahlin

Points +19

Mostly Veg
20 Jul 2019

Amazing risotto - Edit

I had the risotto and my taste buds went crazy, haha. Come hungry though because this place offers up a lot of food! We shared the mezeboard for starters and it was also great.

fdegavre

Points +37

20 Jul 2019

Incredible vegan food - Edit

Amazing food (the carrot lox are delish), everything is vegan, and it’s a great place to watch the sun set. Very friendly staff and affordable prices too. Couldn’t recommend this place enough!

Pros: High-quality food, Lots of options, Nice and relaxed setting

Cons: None!

HenniKuu

Points +22

13 Jul 2019

Fantastic vegan food experience - Edit

We shared five appetizers and one salad with my husband and really loved everything on our plates. Good selection and cheap prices, totally recommended!

charlov3

Points +34

11 Jul 2019

Best vegan restaurant ever!!! - Edit

the food, atmosphere, and staff are 10/10!!! Everything is so fresh & trustworthy! We go nearly everyday since being in Chania. Highly recommend :)

aden17

08 Jul 2019

So happy to find a vegan restaurant in Chania!!! - Edit

Romantic setting in the old town of Chania (Χανιά ). There was a Greek music festival, so we enjoyed traditional Cretan music while eating our mousaka, burger and mixed salad. The food was exceptional (especially the mousaka💗) and the staff were super friendly! Definitely recommend for fellow vegans (or not) visiting Chania! Don’t forget to try the carrot cake !!!!!

Pros: Vegan Greek traditional recipes , Lovely sea view, Good prices

Return to Chania Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pulse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.