Pulp Fiction Future Food and Juice Cafe

Contact 01912522205

193 Park View, Whitley Bay, England, NE26 3RD

Opened May 2015, a quirky and comfortable cafe offering food, pressed juices, coffee/tea, and book exchange. Private festive dining can be booked Nov-Jan. Open Mon 9:00am-5:30pm, Wed-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by hack_man

Lovely - Edit

Who says healthy eating needs to be bland? This lovely, friendly and cosy cafe is a delight to visit. Cheap, health, tasty food, lots of great juices, most options are vegan, good music and atmosphere. Shame I don't live closer.

Pros: Cheap , Lots of vegan options

Contributions +1073

Great place to unwind and feed your face - Edit

I finally got to check out this cool cafe and so glad I did. On offer they have an excellent menu choice of all day breakfasts, curries, stews, superfood salads, soups, fresh juices and desserts, all at affordable prices. About 95% of the menu is vegan and there is also a specials board available too. I decided to get the mushroom, lentil and tarragon burger with side slaw from the specials board, which was 100% vegan. It was delicious and so filling, the accompanying slaw was the best I have had in a long time too. A bargain at just £4.50. I also bought a slice of vegan caramel cake (£3) for the wife, who loved it. The inside decor is fantastic and this is the sort of place that you could just stay in all day. Excellent taste in music too. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Mostly all vegan, Cheap, Excellent vibe and friendly staff

Cons: Vegan options could be labelled on menu

great, fresh juces - Edit

Visited this place after searching for vegan friendly places near the coast. I had a superfood hot chocolate which was lovely and their raw bounty bar which was absolutely gorgeous. I also got a green juice too on another visit and would definitely go back again for a juice - all the local juices in the city are horrible in comparison to theirs!

funky eaterie with OK food - Edit

We went to try this café after finding it on Happy Cow and reading about it in the Guardian. It's always a pleasure to find somewhere which has a more adventurous choice for vegans and vegetarians (with egg and nut allergies) than your average café. The main choice today was cauliflower and potato curry or Italian bean stew. Both were ok but nothing to particularly rave about: the curry was a bit watery and the beans lacked flavour. The frittata and mushroom and tarragon burger were offered with a choice of salads. We chose coleslaw and broccoli salads. The salads were lovely and fresh but the frittata was slightly rubbery and the burger very dry after the first few mouthfuls. The fresh apple juice, ginger shot and glass of sunshine were all delicious however and they, along with the friendly service and relaxed surroundings will bring us back when we're next in the area.

Pros: vegan and gluten free choices

Cons: hot food lacking real flavour

Great food, great juice! - Edit

Brilliant place to grab a lunch to go or eat in. Very chilled out atmosphere, friendly staff and yummy food - about 75% of which is vegan. I had a juice and superfood salad followed by a raw bounty slice to take away, all were delicious!!

The Path of the Righteous Man - Edit

Bang in the middle of a lovely street in lovely Whitley Bay, I could not believe what I saw in front of my eyes. You dream about cafes like this, you could spend hours here ordering coffees and sitting with a book (or tablet of course) and appreciate life. Just like the film, Pulp Fiction is cool and only for those who appreciate a good thing. Inside it's just like a retro 1970s old living room; cosy, inviting and quirky. It reminds me very much of Relaks in Warsaw. A very awesome vegetarian coffee shop indeed. As of late September 2015 the walls are currently adorned with artistic images of cult icons from film, music and political history. This will change however, as other local artists use the cafe to showcase and sell their work. I hope it works out. I didn't realise on my visit but Pulp Fiction is in fact 100% vegetarian. It's also hugely vegan friendly. They do fantastic freshly made quiches, soups, pulse-laden super salads, vegan fruit and vegetable smoothies, hot and cold drinks, snacks and light bites. This place also has balls! Yes, in the form of vegan super food power balls. I was in a rush, so only had time for a local coffee from the Ouseburn Coffee Company. Fabulous. Next time I will try the food and would like to buy some of the homemade vegan cheese. I am sure to be impressed.

Pros: very inviting, great interior, fantastic coffee

2 Responses

pulp fiction 10 Oct 2015 - Thank you for your great review... I just wanted to printout that we are actually 100% vegetarian, no meat products are served at all, however we do have a couple of things with dairy do not 100% vegan, I would say about 95% is though and we ensure there is no cross contamination of dairy, all of our desserts are vegan and we make our own nut milks and cheeses.

hack_man 11 Oct 2015 - Fantastic, thanks for that. I've updated my review. We actually popped by on Saturday the 10th of October hoping you might just be open at around 19:00 for a quick bite before we went to The Playhouse. I took a picture instead and posted it on Happy Cow.

Return to Whitley Bay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pulp Fiction Future Food and Juice Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.