First Review by MaijaKauhanen

Hidden Gem of Vegetarian Comfort Food - Edit

We have been staying in Paracas for a couple of days and have sampled several of the great eating options around town. We stumbled into this place last night and were greeted warmly by the owner, a talented sculptor, painter, craftsman and chef!! The menu offers many wonderful original vegetarian options that you don't see very often in Peru. The prices were very reasonable. We had a lovely soup and main dish, both delicious and prepared with heart. We chatted with him after the meal and look at his art (which was pretty impressive). He also had small carvings and treasures like fossilized dinosaur teeth that he found, for sale.

All around great experience at this place, great food, great value. Go find this hidden gem in Paracas.

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Authentic

Cons: Not super fast

Lovely Peruvian home-cooking - Edit

During my month in Paracas I've visited this place half a dozen times. The prices are moderate and there is an astonishing choice of vegan & vegetarian dishes (a 5-page vegetarian menu!). They get really creative with the simple ingredients available in Paracas, and it's true Peruvian food too, which we vegetarians don't get so many chances to try. The food is healthy and tasty, there's plenty of it, and the owner is super friendly and familiar with veganism. It's like eating at someone's home. I love the stuffed avocado, the "saltado de vainitas" (like lomo saltado but with green beans instead; make sure to get it without egg if you're vegan) and the red rice. Menu only in Spanish but the owner speaks fluent English.

Pros: good food, good value, friendly service

Cons: there's no soy meat? (I can't come up with anythin

Return to Paracas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pukasoncco arte y Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.