First Review by gr8vegan

hybrid store - Edit

good idea but the newer and remodeled regular stores have more variety and better customer service with a greenwise section in each aisle. they used to have a pizza special once a week but have discontinued that. the customder service leaves much to be desired, which is ironic considering the parent company is exemplary at it.

Lots of Variety - Edit

Publix has a lot of interesting veggie frozen and boxed foods that Whole Foods doesn't have. Prices are comparable to WF, though sometimes WF is cheaper and vice versa. I have never tried their take out or deli foods, so can't attest to how veggie or vegan they are.

GreenWise is great!! - Edit

Very nice selection of organic but also convenient for all conventional groceries - paper goods, cleaning stuff, etc. Nice one-stop shopping. Wish they would stock Oasis Non - fat Hummus. I'll suggest that next time I'm there.

Vegans should pass on this place - Edit

I went there hoping to get something to eat that was vegan in the prepared foods area. The best I could find is a veggie wrap without dressing (it contained goat's milk). I noticed the person behind the counter preparing a roast beef sandwich before they made my wrap. They used the same knife to cut my wrap and they never changed their gloves. I told them I wouldn't eat it and left. It irks me that Publix is flaunting the "green" image without offering anything remotely vegan at least. There really is no difference between Greenwise Publix and regular Publix. They're just trying to cash in on the Whole Foods crowd.

Cons: nothing "green" about it, nothing vegan in prepared foods

Not too bad - Edit

This is right next to a huge shopping mall that includes a Maoz. While the organic products are the same price as Whole Foods, Publix Greenwise (which is a modified Publix) they have many regular supermarket products mixed in so it satisfies the shopper who has trouble adapting to Whole Foods or other health food stores

Pros: mostly everything whole foods carries, tons of stuff a regular store carries

Cons: not much vegan in the prepared foods

Return to Boca Raton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Publix GreenWise Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1297 times since Aug 2008.